- The report contains detailed information about Genting Malaysia Berhad that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Genting Malaysia Berhad. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Genting Malaysia Berhad financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Genting Malaysia Berhad competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Genting Malaysia Berhad business.
About Genting Malaysia Berhad
Resorts World Bhd engages in tourist resort business at Genting Highlands, Malaysia. It provides leisure and hospitality services, which comprise amusement, gaming, hotel, and entertainment. The principal activities of the subsidiary companies include property development and management, leisure and hospitality services, investments, time share ownership scheme, tours and travel related services. The principal activities of the associated company include cruise and cruise related operations.
Genting Highlands Resort
Genting Highlands Resort (Resort) or known as Genting - City of Entertainment is an invigorating destination that offers leisure and entertainment activities in a refreshingly cool highland climate. The Resort is one of Asia's major holiday destinations and a key holiday destination in Malaysia, attracting visitors from Malaysia, Singapore and all over the world, particularly the Asia-Pacific region.
The five hotels at the Resort - Genting Hotel, Highlands Hotel, Resort Hotel, Theme Park Hotel and First World Hotel with a total of about 6,100 hotel rooms, an overall average occupancy rate of 77% in 2003. It attracts tourist from China, Singapore, Taiwan and India.
Genting International Convention Centre is a venue for Meetings, Incentives, Conventions and Exhibitions (MICE) at the Resort. A total of 2,107 functions were held at the Resort during the year 2003.
Shopping and Food & Beverage (F&B)
First World Plaza, a shopping paradise in Malaysia, offers visitors an experience of shopping, dining and entertainment. First World Plaza has 77 retail shops and kiosks, 48 F&B outlets, 19 rides and attractions and six leisure and entertainment outlets under one roof. A range of products and merchandise are sold at branded retail outlets, such as B.U.M Equipment, Camel Active, Dockers, U2, Nike, Levi's, Apex Pharmacy and many others.
Genting Theme Park
Genting Theme Park, which comprises approximately 50 rides and attractions and up to 500 video games simulators at the Resort's Indoor and Outdoor Theme Parks and at the vibrant First World Plaza, continues to live up to its theme of providing endless and exciting Fun At The Peak.
Awana Hotels & Resorts
Awana Genting Highlands Golf & Country Resort is a refreshing getaway from the hustle and bustle of the city. This 5-star resort has 428 well-appointed guestrooms, 17 well-equipped function rooms with spacious foyers and an 18-hole award winning championship golf course.
Star Cruises Limited
The company's associate Star Cruises Limited (SCL) is the cruise operator in Asia-Pacific, with a current fleet of 17 ships and over 22,000 lower berths. SCL's vessels are operated under the brand names of Star Cruises, Norwegian Cruise Line (NCL), Orient Lines and Cruise Ferries and call at over 200 destinations and islands in Asia-Pacific, Caribbean, Alaska, Bermuda, Antarctica, Hawaii, North and South America, Europe, Australia and the Mediterranean.
e-Commerce & IT Development
eGENTING is the e-commerce and IT division of Genting Berhad. It operates Malaysia's online hospitality website, call centre operations in the region and the only regional loyalty program to create an integrated, global reservation system where customers can access and purchase rooms, show tickets, limousines and food & beverage products and services.
Resorts World Bhd was incorporated in 1980. The companys ultimate holding company is Genting Berhad.
1. GENTING MALAYSIA BERHAD COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. GENTING MALAYSIA BERHAD BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. GENTING MALAYSIA BERHAD SWOT ANALYSIS
4. GENTING MALAYSIA BERHAD FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. GENTING MALAYSIA BERHAD COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Genting Malaysia Berhad Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Genting Malaysia Berhad and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Genting Malaysia Berhad and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Genting Malaysia Berhad Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Restaurants and Leisure Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Genting Malaysia Berhad Industry Position Analysis
6. GENTING MALAYSIA BERHAD NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. GENTING MALAYSIA BERHAD EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. GENTING MALAYSIA BERHAD ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. GENTING MALAYSIA BERHAD PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. GENTING MALAYSIA BERHAD PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
11. GENTING MALAYSIA BERHAD VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX 1: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Genting Malaysia Berhad Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Genting Malaysia Berhad Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Genting Malaysia Berhad Major Shareholders
Genting Malaysia Berhad History
Genting Malaysia Berhad Products
Revenues by Product
Revenues by Region
Genting Malaysia Berhad Offices and Representations
Genting Malaysia Berhad SWOT Analysis
Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Genting Malaysia Berhad Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Genting Malaysia Berhad Capital Market Snapshot
Genting Malaysia Berhad Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Restaurants and Leisure Industry Statistics
Genting Malaysia Berhad Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Genting Malaysia Berhad Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
Enhanced SWOT Analysis2 Porter Five Forces Analysis2
LIST OF FIGURES
Genting Malaysia Berhad Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Genting Malaysia Berhad 1-year Stock Charts
Genting Malaysia Berhad 5-year Stock Charts
Genting Malaysia Berhad vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Genting Malaysia Berhad vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Genting Malaysia Berhad Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for public traded companies.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get up-to-date version for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a Project Plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as STEP, PESTLE, STEEP, STEEPLE, STEEPLED, etc.) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislations will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The extended Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions followed by sixth question added to the original concept:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Is there any complementary products, government decisions or public perception that can impact business?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to Imitate?
- Organized Properly?