- The report contains detailed information about American Medical Alert Corp. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for American Medical Alert Corp.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The American Medical Alert Corp. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes American Medical Alert Corp. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of American Medical Alert Corp. business.
About American Medical Alert Corp.
American Medical Alert Corp. provides solutions that improve healthcare delivery through a portfolio of home-based Remote Patient Monitoring (RPM) technologies and communication center services.
The company markets its products and services directly to healthcare providers, pharmaceutical companies, managed care organizations and through a network of distributors. It also offers certain products and services directly to consumers.
Health Safety and Monitoring Services (HSMS) segment is comprised of the development and marketing of Remote Patient Monitoring (RPM) technologies that include personal emergency response systems (PERS), medication reminder and dispensing systems, telehealth/disease management technologies and safety monitoring systems to pharmacies.
Telephony Based Communication Services (TBCS) segment includes the provision of centralized call center solutions primarily to the healthcare community, including traditional after hours services, Daytime Services applications, and clinical trial recruitment call center services and administration.
Products and Services
Health and Safety Monitoring Systems (HSMS)
HSMS division addresses the fundamental need to allow individuals to age in place with home based health monitoring technologies through a single monitoring platform. This RPM platform provides a single source for the companys customers to access a spectrum of technologies, from rudimentary to deliver individualized monitoring as a patients needs evolve.
Personal Emergency Response Systems (PERS)
PERS is the companys main product and service offering. The system consists of a console unit and a wireless transmitter worn as a pendant or on the wrist by the client. In the event of an emergency, the client is able to summon immediate assistance via the two-way voice system that connects their home telephone with the companys Response Center.
In November of 2009, Apria Healthcare announced a strategic alliance with the company to provide PERS under an Apria branded service. In 2010, ApriaAlert was introduced to selected geographic markets with in Aprias national footprint.
Also in 2009, WellAWARE Systems, the developer of wellness monitoring solutions for senior care providers, announced it has entered into a technology integration collaboration with the company to deliver an integrated health monitoring solution that incorporates its PERS technology with WellAWAREs sensor-based wellness monitoring solution. The companys PERS is marketed directly and by third party providers under multiple brands including VoiceCare, Walgreens Ready Response, Response Call, and ApriaAlert.
Medication Adherence Appliances
The second component of the companys RPM platform addresses medication adherence, which has been defined as a critical component of patient self management.
MedSmart is a solution that organizes, reminds, and dispenses pills in accordance with prescribed treatment regimens. MedSmart improves adherence to medication regimens and reduces the risk of missed doses and overdosing errors to improve clinical outcomes.
With MedSmarts event reporting and notification option, family caregivers and healthcare professionals can proactively support independent living. MedSmarts docking base serves as the gateway for remote programming and event reporting. When connected to a household phone, MedSmart transmits device and dispensing history to a secure server supported with a Web application for review by authorized individuals, such as relatives or medical professionals. Through the companys personalized notification system, alerts can be sent to track adherence, address dosing errors and predict refill requirements.
Med-Time is an electronic medication reminder and dispensing unit marketed under a licensing, manufacturing and distribution agreement.
Telephony Based Communication Services (TBCS)
The companys TBCS division offers value added, customizable call center solutions that enhance the patient/provider communication experience.
After Hours Answering Services
The companys after hour services are classified as esse
1. AMERICAN MEDICAL ALERT CORP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. AMERICAN MEDICAL ALERT CORP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. AMERICAN MEDICAL ALERT CORP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. AMERICAN MEDICAL ALERT CORP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. AMERICAN MEDICAL ALERT CORP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. American Medical Alert Corp. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of American Medical Alert Corp. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of American Medical Alert Corp. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. American Medical Alert Corp. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Healthcare Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. American Medical Alert Corp. Industry Position Analysis
6. AMERICAN MEDICAL ALERT CORP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. AMERICAN MEDICAL ALERT CORP. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. AMERICAN MEDICAL ALERT CORP. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. AMERICAN MEDICAL ALERT CORP. PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. AMERICAN MEDICAL ALERT CORP. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
11. AMERICAN MEDICAL ALERT CORP. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX 1: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
American Medical Alert Corp. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
American Medical Alert Corp. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
American Medical Alert Corp. Major Shareholders
American Medical Alert Corp. History
American Medical Alert Corp. Products
Revenues by Product
Revenues by Region
American Medical Alert Corp. Offices and Representations
American Medical Alert Corp. SWOT Analysis
Income Statement 2009-2012 Including 4-years Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Balance Sheet 2009-2012 Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Cash Flow 2009-2012 Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
American Medical Alert Corp. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
American Medical Alert Corp. Capital Market Snapshot
American Medical Alert Corp. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Healthcare Services Industry Statistics
American Medical Alert Corp. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
American Medical Alert Corp. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
Enhanced SWOT Analysis2 Porter Five Forces Analysis2
LIST OF FIGURES
American Medical Alert Corp. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
American Medical Alert Corp. 1-year Stock Charts
American Medical Alert Corp. 5-year Stock Charts
American Medical Alert Corp. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
American Medical Alert Corp. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
American Medical Alert Corp. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for public traded companies.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get up-to-date version for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a Project Plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as STEP, PESTLE, STEEP, STEEPLE, STEEPLED, etc.) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations;
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislations will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The extended Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions followed by sixth question added to the original concept:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Is there any complementary products, government decisions or public perception that can impact business?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to Imitate?
- Organized Properly?