- The report contains detailed information about QBE Insurance Group Ltd. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for QBE Insurance Group Ltd.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The QBE Insurance Group Ltd. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes QBE Insurance Group Ltd. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of QBE Insurance Group Ltd. business.
About QBE Insurance Group Ltd.
QBE Insurance Group Limited operates as an international general insurance and reinsurance group. The company underwrites commercial and personal lines classes of business through operations in 45 countries.
The company primarily has operations in Australia, the Asia Pacific, Europe, and the Americas.
The company conducts general insurance operations throughout Australia providing various major lines of insurance cover for personal and commercial risks. The company provides insurance covers, such as property; professional indemnity; general liability; marine, energy and aviation; householders; accident and health; motor vehicle; lenders mortgage insurance; workers compensation; travel; compulsory third party; and credit and surety.
Asia Pacific Operations
The company provides general insurance in 15 countries in the Asia Pacific region providing personal, commercial, and specialist insurance covers, including professional and general liability, marine, corporate property, and trade credit. It also provides other insurance covers, such as property; workers compensation; motor & motor casualty; engineering; financial and credit; professional indemnity; householders; liability; travel; and accident and health.
The European operations comprise general insurance business written in the United Kingdom, Ireland, and 15 countries in mainland Europe. It also includes general insurance and reinsurance business written in the Lloyds market and reinsurance business written through its Dublin office. The company provides insurance covers, such as marine, energy & aviation; property treaty; public/product liability; workers compensation; professional indemnity; motor and motor casualty; financial and credit; property facultative and direct; and accident and health.
The company has operations in mainland Europe, in Bulgaria, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Macedonia, Romania, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden, and Switzerland. It also has seven regional offices in the United Kingdom in Birmingham, Bristol, Chelmsford, Glasgow, Leeds, Manchester, and Stafford.
The company conducts general insurance and reinsurance business in the Americas. This business comprises the specialty insurance programmes, regional insurance, and reinsurance businesses in the U.S. and its four general insurance operations in Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, and Mexico. The company provides insurance covers, such as motor and motor casualty, property, casualty, workers compensation, accident and health, householders, and bloodstock.
The specialty insurance programme business focuses on niche products mainly written through managing agents who have a track record of profitability. It also includes managing agents, namely, ZC Sterling Corporation, Community Association Underwriters of America Inc., Deep South group of companies, and SIU LLC. Its regional insurance business comprises property and casualty products that focus on small to medium size clients throughout the U.S. and distributes insurance products to independent and captive agents. The reinsurance business covers small to medium regional insurers with an exposure to catastrophes or nationwide clients.
In April 2008, the company acquired North Pointe Holdings Corporation, a property and casualty insurer in the U.S.
In July 2008, the company acquired 90% of Sanderson Insurance Brokers Pty Limited.
In October 2008, the company acquired PMI Mortgage Insurance Limited (PMI), a mortgage insurer for lenders writing business in Australia and New Zealand.
In December 2008, the company acquired PMI Mortgage Insurance Asia Limited, a mortgage insurer for lenders writing business in Hong Kong.
In December 2008, the company also acquired Burnett Holdings Inc, the U.S. based underwriting agency.
QBE Insurance Group Limited was founded in 1886.
1. QBE INSURANCE GROUP LTD. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. QBE INSURANCE GROUP LTD. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. QBE INSURANCE GROUP LTD. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. QBE INSURANCE GROUP LTD. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. QBE INSURANCE GROUP LTD. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. QBE Insurance Group Ltd. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of QBE Insurance Group Ltd. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of QBE Insurance Group Ltd. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. QBE Insurance Group Ltd. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Insurance Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. QBE Insurance Group Ltd. Industry Position Analysis
6. QBE INSURANCE GROUP LTD. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. QBE INSURANCE GROUP LTD. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. QBE INSURANCE GROUP LTD. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. QBE INSURANCE GROUP LTD. PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. QBE INSURANCE GROUP LTD. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
11. QBE INSURANCE GROUP LTD. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX 1: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
QBE Insurance Group Ltd. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
QBE Insurance Group Ltd. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
QBE Insurance Group Ltd. Major Shareholders
QBE Insurance Group Ltd. History
QBE Insurance Group Ltd. Products
Revenues by Product
Revenues by Region
QBE Insurance Group Ltd. Offices and Representations
QBE Insurance Group Ltd. SWOT Analysis
Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
QBE Insurance Group Ltd. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
QBE Insurance Group Ltd. Capital Market Snapshot
QBE Insurance Group Ltd. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Insurance Industry Statistics
QBE Insurance Group Ltd. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
QBE Insurance Group Ltd. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
Enhanced SWOT Analysis2 Porter Five Forces Analysis2
LIST OF FIGURES
QBE Insurance Group Ltd. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
QBE Insurance Group Ltd. 1-year Stock Charts
QBE Insurance Group Ltd. 5-year Stock Charts
QBE Insurance Group Ltd. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
QBE Insurance Group Ltd. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
QBE Insurance Group Ltd. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for public traded companies.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get up-to-date version for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a Project Plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as STEP, PESTLE, STEEP, STEEPLE, STEEPLED, etc.) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislations will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The extended Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions followed by sixth question added to the original concept:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Is there any complementary products, government decisions or public perception that can impact business?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to Imitate?
- Organized Properly?