- The report contains detailed information about Hong Kong Aircraft Engineering Co. Ltd. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Hong Kong Aircraft Engineering Co. Ltd.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Hong Kong Aircraft Engineering Co. Ltd. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Hong Kong Aircraft Engineering Co. Ltd. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Hong Kong Aircraft Engineering Co. Ltd. business.
About Hong Kong Aircraft Engineering Co. Ltd.
Hong Kong Aircraft Engineering Co. Ltd. operates in the aviation industry in Hong Kong and Mainland China. The company offers maintenance service packages, including CPCP programme, SSID programme, AD inspection, mandatory modification and avionics system upgrades.
The companys Hong Kong operations comprise heavy airframe maintenance in its hangars, line maintenance at the passenger and cargo terminals at Hong Kong International Airport, component overhaul at Tseung Kwan O and inventory technical management services.
The heavy airframe maintenance division provides a range of scheduled maintenance checks, modifications and overhaul work on a variety of aircraft types.
The component overhaul division occupies 7,000 square metres of workshop space at Tseung Kwan O. The company provides inventory technical management services for rotable spares for various aircraft, including Airbus A300-600F, A320-200 and A330-300 as well as Boeing 747-200F aircraft.
Taikoo (Xiamen) Aircraft Engineering Company Limited
TAECO performs heavy airframe maintenance and passenger to freighter conversions using five wide-body double bay hangars at Xiamen Gaoqi International Airport. It also performs line maintenance operations in Beijing, Shanghai and Xiamen, handling an average of 44 movements per day during the year.
Hong Kong Aero Engine Services Limited
HAESL (45% owned) repairs and overhauls Rolls-Royce engines and engine components at its facility at Tseung Kwan O. HAESL opened an engine-build extension in March 2008, with an added 3,000 square metres of workshop space.
The companys other principal subsidiary and jointly controlled companies comprise:
HAECO ATE Component Service Limited (100% owned), which provides computerized testing of components.
Singapore HAECO Pte. Limited (100% owned), which handles line maintenance at Singapores Changi Airport.
Taikoo Engine Services (Xiamen) Company Limited (75.01% owned by HAECO and 10% by TAECO), which overhauls commercial aero engines.
Taikoo (Xiamen) Landing Gear Services Company Limited (50% owned by HAECO and 10% by TAECO), which opened its landing gear overhaul facility in Xiamen in June 2008.
Dunlop Taikoo (Jinjiang) Aircraft Tyres Company Limited (28% owned by HAECO and 9% by TAECO), which would provide tyre services for commercial aircraft.
Goodrich Asia-Pacific Limited (49% owned), which refurbishes carbon brakes and overhauls wheel hubs at Fanling, in Hong Kong.
Goodrich TAECO Aeronautical Systems Limited (35% owned by TAECO), which overhauls fuel control systems and pumps in Xiamen.
Honeywell TAECO Aerospace (Xiamen) Company Limited (25% owned by HAECO and 10% by TAECO), which overhauls auxiliary power units and other rotables.
Taikoo (Shandong) Aircraft Engineering Company Limited (30% owned by HAECO and 10% by TAECO), which provides a heavy maintenance service at Jinan for Boeing 737 and other narrow-body aircraft. It also provides Boeing 737 passenger to freighter conversions.
Taikoo Spirit AeroSystems (Jinjiang) Composite Company Limited (33.8% owned by HAECO and 8.7% by TAECO), which would undertake composite material aeronautic parts/systems repair, manufacturing and sales.
The companys major supplier is Aero-Inventory (U.K.) Limited.
In November 2009, Spirit AeroSystems Inc. opened its new Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul (MRO) repair station in China through a joint venture with Hong Kong Aircraft Engineering Co. Ltd. and its subsidiary Taikoo (Xiamen) Aircraft Engineering Co. Ltd. The Spirit facility, based in Jinjiang, China, known as Taikoo Spirit AeroSystems (Jinjiang) Composite Co. Ltd., would provide repair services for aircraft operators across the Asia-Pacific region.
The companys major customer is Cathay Pacific Airways Limited (CX) and its wholly owned subsidiary, Hong Kong Dragon Airlines Limited.
1. HONG KONG AIRCRAFT ENGINEERING CO. LTD. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. HONG KONG AIRCRAFT ENGINEERING CO. LTD. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. HONG KONG AIRCRAFT ENGINEERING CO. LTD. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. HONG KONG AIRCRAFT ENGINEERING CO. LTD. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. HONG KONG AIRCRAFT ENGINEERING CO. LTD. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Hong Kong Aircraft Engineering Co. Ltd. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Hong Kong Aircraft Engineering Co. Ltd. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Hong Kong Aircraft Engineering Co. Ltd. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Hong Kong Aircraft Engineering Co. Ltd. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Transportation Infrastructure Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Hong Kong Aircraft Engineering Co. Ltd. Industry Position Analysis
6. HONG KONG AIRCRAFT ENGINEERING CO. LTD. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. HONG KONG AIRCRAFT ENGINEERING CO. LTD. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. HONG KONG AIRCRAFT ENGINEERING CO. LTD. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. HONG KONG AIRCRAFT ENGINEERING CO. LTD. PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. HONG KONG AIRCRAFT ENGINEERING CO. LTD. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
11. HONG KONG AIRCRAFT ENGINEERING CO. LTD. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX 1: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Hong Kong Aircraft Engineering Co. Ltd. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Hong Kong Aircraft Engineering Co. Ltd. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Hong Kong Aircraft Engineering Co. Ltd. Major Shareholders
Hong Kong Aircraft Engineering Co. Ltd. History
Hong Kong Aircraft Engineering Co. Ltd. Products
Revenues by Product
Revenues by Region
Hong Kong Aircraft Engineering Co. Ltd. Offices and Representations
Hong Kong Aircraft Engineering Co. Ltd. SWOT Analysis
Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Hong Kong Aircraft Engineering Co. Ltd. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Hong Kong Aircraft Engineering Co. Ltd. Capital Market Snapshot
Hong Kong Aircraft Engineering Co. Ltd. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Transportation Infrastructure Industry Statistics
Hong Kong Aircraft Engineering Co. Ltd. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Hong Kong Aircraft Engineering Co. Ltd. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
Enhanced SWOT Analysis2 Porter Five Forces Analysis2
LIST OF FIGURES
Hong Kong Aircraft Engineering Co. Ltd. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Hong Kong Aircraft Engineering Co. Ltd. 1-year Stock Charts
Hong Kong Aircraft Engineering Co. Ltd. 5-year Stock Charts
Hong Kong Aircraft Engineering Co. Ltd. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Hong Kong Aircraft Engineering Co. Ltd. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Hong Kong Aircraft Engineering Co. Ltd. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for public traded companies.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get up-to-date version for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a Project Plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as STEP, PESTLE, STEEP, STEEPLE, STEEPLED, etc.) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislations will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The extended Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions followed by sixth question added to the original concept:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Is there any complementary products, government decisions or public perception that can impact business?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to Imitate?
- Organized Properly?