- The report contains detailed information about Formation Metals Inc that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Formation Metals Inc. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Formation Metals Inc financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Formation Metals Inc competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Formation Metals Inc business.
About Formation Metals Inc
Formation Metals Inc. engages in the acquisition, exploration, development, and refining of mineral natural resource properties in the United States, Canada, and Mexico.
The companys subsidiaries include Formation Capital Corporation, U.S. (Formation U.S.); Essential Metals Corporation (Essential); Coronation Mines Ltd. (Coronation); and Minera Terranova S.A. de C.V. (Minera Terranova).
Idaho Cobalt Project (ICP)
The ICP consists of 241 unpatented lode mining claims located in east-central Idaho. The ICP covers an area of approximately 4,080 acres.
Other Mineral Projects and Properties
Big Creek Hydrometallurgical Complex: The company has a 100 percent interest in the Big Creek Hydrometallurgical Complex and property located near Kellogg, Idaho. In addition, the company acquired and exercised an option to purchase an associated hydrometallurgical alkaline leach plant. The plant includes SX-EW circuits (Solvent Extraction Electrowinning circuits) for the extraction of copper, autoclave circuits suitable for the extraction of cobalt (upon retrofitting), and the precious metals refining section of the plant, known as the Sunshine Precious Metals Refinery.
Virgin River: The company has a joint exploration agreement with UEM Inc., a corporation owned 50% by Cameco Corporation and 50% by AREVA Resources Canada Inc. on the Virgin River project located in the Athabasca Basin of northern Saskatchewan. Cameco is the operator of the project. The 2008 diamond-drilling program consisted of 10,537.4 meters in 7 pilot holes and 11 follow-up wedge holes on the Centennial Deposit.
Kernaghan Lake: The Kernaghan/Bell project consists of 13 mineral claims totaling 4,342 hectares. The project area is located near the northeast rim of the Athabasca Basin approximately 42 kilo metes north of Points north landing.
Black Pine and Morning Glory Properties, Idaho: Formation U.S. also holds a 100% interest in 29 unpatented mining claims that it acquired through staking and has the right to acquire a 100% interest in 36 unpatented mining claims and 4 patented claims and holds a 100% interest in 17 unpatented mining claims and an option to acquire a 100% interest in an additional 20 unpatented mining claims contiguous to the 17 unpatented claims, all located in Lemhi County, Idaho.
Black Pine Property - Previous Work: Formation U.S. has completed 100 diamond drill holes totalling 44,954 feet, and 100 reverse circulation holes totalling 15,625 feet.
Morning Glory Property - Previous Work: Formation U.S. has conducted a program of mapping, rock and soil sampling on the Morning Glory Property.
Minera Terranova holds a 100% interest in the exploration and exploitation concession properties located in Mexico.
The company was founded in 1988. It was formerly known as Formation Capital Corporation and changed its name to Formation Metals Inc. on November 9, 2009.
1. FORMATION METALS INC COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. FORMATION METALS INC BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. FORMATION METALS INC SWOT ANALYSIS
4. FORMATION METALS INC FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. FORMATION METALS INC COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Formation Metals Inc Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Formation Metals Inc and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Formation Metals Inc and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Formation Metals Inc Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Metals & Mining Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Formation Metals Inc Industry Position Analysis
6. FORMATION METALS INC NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. FORMATION METALS INC EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. FORMATION METALS INC ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. FORMATION METALS INC PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. FORMATION METALS INC PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
11. FORMATION METALS INC VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX 1: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Formation Metals Inc Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Formation Metals Inc Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Formation Metals Inc Major Shareholders
Formation Metals Inc History
Formation Metals Inc Products
Revenues by Product
Revenues by Region
Formation Metals Inc Offices and Representations
Formation Metals Inc SWOT Analysis
Income Statement 2009-2012 Including 4-years Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Balance Sheet 2009-2012 Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Cash Flow 2009-2012 Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Formation Metals Inc Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Formation Metals Inc Capital Market Snapshot
Formation Metals Inc Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Metals & Mining Industry Statistics
Formation Metals Inc Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Formation Metals Inc Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
Enhanced SWOT Analysis2 Porter Five Forces Analysis2
LIST OF FIGURES
Formation Metals Inc Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Formation Metals Inc 1-year Stock Charts
Formation Metals Inc 5-year Stock Charts
Formation Metals Inc vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Formation Metals Inc vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Formation Metals Inc Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for public traded companies.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get up-to-date version for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a Project Plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as STEP, PESTLE, STEEP, STEEPLE, STEEPLED, etc.) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations;
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislations will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The extended Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions followed by sixth question added to the original concept:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Is there any complementary products, government decisions or public perception that can impact business?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to Imitate?
- Organized Properly?