- The report contains detailed information about Altra Holdings, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Altra Holdings, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Altra Holdings, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Altra Holdings, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Altra Holdings, Inc. business.
About Altra Holdings, Inc.
Altra Holdings, Inc., through its principal subsidiary, Altra Industrial Motion, Inc., engages in the design, production, and marketing of various mechanical power transmission (MPT) and motion control products in North America, Europe, and Asia. The company serves customers in a group of industries, including energy, general industrial, material handling, mining, transportation and turf and garden.
The company produces and markets various MPT products. Its product portfolio includes industrial clutches and brakes, open and enclosed gearing, couplings, engineered belted drives, engineered bearing assemblies and other related power transmission components which are sold across various industries. The companys products serve various end markets including aerospace, energy, food processing, general industrial, material handling, mining, petrochemical, transportation and turf and garden.
The company primarily sells its products to OEMs and through relationships with the industrys industrial distributors, such as Motion Industries, Applied Industrial Technologies, Kaman Industrial Technologies and W.W. Grainger.
Clutches and Brakes
The company manufactures various clutches and brakes in three main product categories: electromagnetic, overrunning and heavy duty.
Electromagnetic Clutches and Brakes: The companys industrial products include clutches and brakes with specially designed controls for material handling, forklift, elevator, medical mobility, mobile off-highway, baggage handling and plant productivity applications. It also offers a line of clutch and brake products for walk-behind mowers, residential lawn tractors and commercial mowers. While industrial applications are predominant, the company also manufactures vehicular applications, including on-road refrigeration compressor clutches and agricultural equipment clutches. It markets its electromagnetic products under the Warner Electric, Inertia Dynamics and Matrix brand names.
Overrunning Clutches: Specific product lines include indexing and backstopping clutches. Primary industrial applications include conveyors, gear reducers, hoists and cranes, mining machinery, machine tools, paper machinery, packaging machinery, pumping equipment and other specialty machinery. The company markets and sells these products under the Formsprag, Marland and Stieber brand names.
Heavy Duty Clutches and Brakes: The companys heavy duty clutch and brake product lines serve various markets, including metal forming, off-shore and land-based oil and gas drilling platforms, mining, material handling, marine applications and various off-highway and construction equipment segments. Its line of heavy duty pneumatic, hydraulic and caliper clutches and brakes are marketed under the Wichita Clutch and Twiflex brand names.
These products are used in various industrial, material handling, mixing, transportation and food processing applications. Specific product lines include vertical and horizontal gear drives, speed reducers and increasers, high-speed compressor drives, enclosed custom gear drives, various enclosed gear drive configurations and open gearing products such as spur, helical, worm and miter/bevel gears. The company designs and manufactures a range of gearing products under the Boston Gear, Nuttall Gear and Delroyd brand names.
The companys coupling product line includes gear couplings, high-speed disc and diaphragm couplings, elastomeric couplings, grid couplings, universal joints, jaw couplings and spindles. Its coupling products are used in a range of markets, including power generation, steel and custom machinery industries. The company manufactures a range of coupling products under the Ameridrives, Bibby and TB Woods brand names.
Engineered Bearing Assemblies
The companys engineered bearing assembly product line includes ball bearings, roller bearings, thrust bearings, track rollers, stainless steel bearings, polymer assemblies, housed units and custom assemblies. It manufactures a range of engineered bearing products under the Kilian brand name. It sells bearing products to a range of end markets, including the general industrial and automotive markets, with a particularly OEM customer focus.
Engineered Belted Drives
The companys belted drive line includes three types of v-belts, three types of synchronous belts, standard and made-to-order sheaves and sprockets, and split taper bushings. It sells belted drives to a range of end markets, including aggregate, energy, chemical and material handling.
Power Transmission Components
The company manufactures or markets various power transmission components under several businesses, including Warner Linear, Huco Dynatork, Boston Gear, Warner Electric, TB Woods and Matrix.
Warner Linear: Warner Linear is a designer and manufacturer of rugged service electromechanical linear actuators for off-highway vehicles, agriculture, turf care, special vehicles, medical equipment, industrial and marine applications.
Huco Dynatork: Huco Dynatork is a manufacturer and supplier of a range of precision couplings, universal joints, rod ends and linkages.
Other Accessories: The companys Boston Gear, Warner Electric, Matrix and TB Woods businesses make or market other accessories, such as sensors, sleeve bearings, AC/DC motors, shaft accessories, face tooth couplings, mechanical variable speed drives, and fluid power components that are used in various end markets.
The company competes with Emerson Power Transmission Manufacturing LP, Rexnord LLC., Regal-Beloit Corporation, and Baldor Electric, Inc.
Altra Holdings, Inc. was founded in 2004.
1. ALTRA HOLDINGS, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. ALTRA HOLDINGS, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. ALTRA HOLDINGS, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. ALTRA HOLDINGS, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. ALTRA HOLDINGS, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Altra Holdings, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Altra Holdings, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Altra Holdings, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Altra Holdings, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Heavy Machinery Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Altra Holdings, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. ALTRA HOLDINGS, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. ALTRA HOLDINGS, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. ALTRA HOLDINGS, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. ALTRA HOLDINGS, INC. PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. ALTRA HOLDINGS, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
11. ALTRA HOLDINGS, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX 1: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Altra Holdings, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Altra Holdings, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Altra Holdings, Inc. Major Shareholders
Altra Holdings, Inc. History
Altra Holdings, Inc. Products
Revenues by Product
Revenues by Region
Altra Holdings, Inc. Offices and Representations
Altra Holdings, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Altra Holdings, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Altra Holdings, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Altra Holdings, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Heavy Machinery Industry Statistics
Altra Holdings, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Altra Holdings, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
Enhanced SWOT Analysis2 Porter Five Forces Analysis2
LIST OF FIGURES
Altra Holdings, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Altra Holdings, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Altra Holdings, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Altra Holdings, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Altra Holdings, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Altra Holdings, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for public traded companies.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get up-to-date version for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a Project Plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as STEP, PESTLE, STEEP, STEEPLE, STEEPLED, etc.) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislations will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The extended Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions followed by sixth question added to the original concept:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Is there any complementary products, government decisions or public perception that can impact business?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to Imitate?
- Organized Properly?