- The report contains detailed information about Talisman Energy Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Talisman Energy Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Talisman Energy Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Talisman Energy Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Talisman Energy Inc. business.
About Talisman Energy Inc.
Talisman Energy Inc., an independent oil and gas producer, engages in the exploration, development, production, transportation, and marketing of crude oil, natural gas, and natural gas liquids (NGLs).
The company's activities are conducted in five geographic segments: North America, UK, Scandinavia, Southeast Asia, and Other.
The North America segment includes operations in Canada and the United States. In 2009, the company reorganized its North American operations into two distinct businesses, Shale and Conventional.
The company focuses on piloting and developing the holdings in the Pennsylvania Marcellus, Montney, and Lorraine/Utica shales. As of December 31, 2009, it held interests in approximately 2 million net acres of land which it considers to be prospective for shale gas.
Montney Shale: The company holds 168,000 Tier 1 net acres with approximately 3,000 net drilling locations. It drilled 16 gross (15 net) wells during 2009.
Lorraine/Utica: The company's Lorraine/Utica lands are located in the Quebec lowlands along the St. Lawrence River, where it holds a total of 756,000 net acres. The company drilled two horizontal wells in Quebec during 2009 and is drilling a third horizontal well.
The company's conventional assets in North America are focused in the following areas: tight gas in the Outer Foothills and the Edson/Bigstone/Wild River/WestWhitecourt areas; deep gas in the Foothills of Monkman B.C. and Alberta Foothills; and oil operations in Alberta/Saskatchewan in the Chauvin and Shaunavon fields. In total, 64 gross (39 net) wells were drilled in 2009.
Infrastructure and Midstream
The company's midstream operations include approximately 700 km of gathering systems in Western Canada including Central Foothills, Erith, Lynx and Palliser, plus three operated gas plants (Edson, Berland West, and Boundary Lake). The company's midstream assets support various areas in the company's Conventional division, including Alberta Foothills, Bigstone/Wild River, and greater Edson.
THE UNITED KINGDOM
The company is an independent operator in the U.K. It has two core operating areas in the UK: the Northern Business Area (NBA) and the Central Business Area (CBA).
Northern Business Area (NBA): The company's principal operating areas in the NBA include Claymore, Piper (including Tweedsmuir), Tartan, and Quad 16. These four principal operating areas encompass a total of 23 fields. The company holds interests ranging from 5% to 100% in the NBA fields, as well as in various production facilities and pipelines, including an 80% interest in the Flotta Terminal. Of the 23 fields, 16 are operated (with interests ranging from 37% to 100%) and 7 are non-operated (with interests ranging from 5% to 15%).
Central Business Area (CBA): The company's principal operating areas in the CBA include Montrose/Arbroath, Fulmar, Auk, Clyde, Ross/Blake and Buchan. These principal operating areas encompass a total of 23 fields. The company holds interests ranging from 7% to 100% in the CBA fields, as well as in various production facilities and pipelines. Of the 23 fields, 18 are operated (with interests ranging from 25% to 100%) and five are non-operated (with interests ranging from 7% to 54%).
The company's principal operating areas in Scandinavia are the Southern North Sea Area and the Mid North Sea Area, which encompass a total of 10 fields. The primary focus in Scandinavia is oil.
Southern North Sea Area: In the Southern North Sea Area, the company holds interests in the Blane, Gyda and Yme operated fields of 18%, 61% and 60%, respectively, as well as a 10% interest in the non-operated Tambar East field.
Mid North Sea Area: In the Mid North Sea Area, the company holds interests in the operated Varg and Rev fields of 65% and 70%, respectively, and interests in four non-operated fields (with interest ranging between 1% and 35%), as well as various production facilities and pipelines in other areas of the Norwegian Continental Shelf.
The Southeast Asia segment includes exploration and operations in Indonesia, Malaysia, Vie
1. TALISMAN ENERGY INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. TALISMAN ENERGY INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. TALISMAN ENERGY INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. TALISMAN ENERGY INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. TALISMAN ENERGY INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Talisman Energy Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Talisman Energy Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Talisman Energy Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Talisman Energy Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Energy Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Talisman Energy Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. TALISMAN ENERGY INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. TALISMAN ENERGY INC. EXPERTS REVIEW*
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
APPENDIX 1: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Talisman Energy Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Talisman Energy Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies*
Key Executives Compensations*
Talisman Energy Inc. Major Shareholders
Talisman Energy Inc. History
Talisman Energy Inc. Products
Revenues by Product
Revenues by Region
Talisman Energy Inc. Offices and Representations
Talisman Energy Inc. SWOT Analysis
Income Statement 2009-2012 Including 4-years Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Balance Sheet 2009-2012 Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Cash Flow 2009-2012 Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Talisman Energy Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Talisman Energy Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Talisman Energy Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Energy Industry Statistics
Talisman Energy Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Talisman Energy Inc. Consensus Recommendations*
Analyst Recommendation Summary*
Price Target Summary*
Experts Recommendation Trends*
Revenue Estimates Analysis*
Earnings Estimates Analysis*
Revenue Estimates Trend*
Earnings Estimates Trend*
LIST OF FIGURES
Talisman Energy Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Talisman Energy Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Talisman Energy Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Talisman Energy Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Talisman Energy Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Talisman Energy Inc. Article Density Chart
* – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
The complete financial data is available for public traded companies.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get up-to-date version for the same price.