- The report contains detailed information about Royal Dutch Shell plc that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Royal Dutch Shell plc. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Royal Dutch Shell plc financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Royal Dutch Shell plc competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Royal Dutch Shell plc business.
About Royal Dutch Shell plc
Peoples Federal Bancshares, Inc. operates as the holding company for the Peoples Federal Savings Bank, which provides various financial services to individuals and small businesses in its market area.
The companys lending activities are concentrated primarily in the Boston metropolitan area and eastern Massachusetts. It conducts its operations from its six full-service branch offices located in Brighton, Allston, West Roxbury, and Jamaica Plain, in Suffolk County, Massachusetts; and Brookline and Norwood, in Norfolk County, Massachusetts. It considers Suffolk County, Norfolk County, and portions of Middlesex County, Massachusetts as its primary market area for deposits and lending.
The companys business consists of accepting deposits from the general public and investing those deposits, together with funds generated from operations and borrowings, in various loans. It also invests in mortgage-backed securities. It offers alternative banking delivery systems utilizing ATMs, online banking, remote deposit capture, and telephone banking delivery systems.
The companys primary lending activity is the origination of one- to four-family residential mortgage loans, multi-family mortgage loans, commercial real estate loans, and construction loans. It also originates consumer loans and commercial business loans.
One- to Four-Family Residential Mortgage Loans: The company offers fixed-rate and adjustable-rate residential mortgage loans with maturities of up to 30 years. It originates adjustable-rate one- to four-family residential mortgage loan.
Home Equity Loans and Lines of Credit: In addition to traditional one- to four-family residential mortgage loans, the company offers home equity loans and home equity lines of credit that are secured by the borrowers primary residence, secondary residence or one- to four-family investment properties.
Multi-Family Real Estate Loans: The company originates multi-family real estate loans with either fixed rates (up to 15 years) or adjustable rates (up to 30 years).
Commercial Real Estate Loans: The company originates commercial real estate loans, which are secured by properties that are occupied primarily by commercial entities. It would originate commercial real estate loans with either fixed rates (up to 15 years) or adjustable rates (up to 30 years.
Construction Loans: The company also originates construction loans for one- to four-family residential properties, multi-family properties, and commercial properties. It makes construction loans for commercial properties, including commercial mixed-use buildings and homes built by developers on speculative, undeveloped property. It provides the permanent mortgage financing on its construction loans on income-producing property.
Consumer Loans: The companys consumer loans consist of loans secured by deposits, auto loans, overdraft lines of credit, and various personal installment loans.
Commercial Loans: The company originates commercial term loans and variable lines of credit to small- and medium-sized companies in its primary market area. Its commercial loans are used for working capital purposes or for acquiring equipment, inventory or furniture. These loans are secured by business assets other than real estate, such as business equipment and inventory or accounts receivable. Its commercial business loan portfolio consists primarily of secured loans.
As of September 30, 2010, the companys investment portfolio consisted of United States agency securities and mortgage-backed securities issued by Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, or Ginnie Mae.
The company offers various deposit accounts, including passbook and statement savings accounts, certificates of deposit, NOW accounts, money market accounts, commercial and regular checking accounts, and individual retirement accounts.
1. ROYAL DUTCH SHELL PLC COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. ROYAL DUTCH SHELL PLC BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. ROYAL DUTCH SHELL PLC SWOT ANALYSIS
4. ROYAL DUTCH SHELL PLC FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. ROYAL DUTCH SHELL PLC COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Royal Dutch Shell plc Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Royal Dutch Shell plc and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Royal Dutch Shell plc and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Royal Dutch Shell plc Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Energy Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Royal Dutch Shell plc Industry Position Analysis
6. ROYAL DUTCH SHELL PLC NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. ROYAL DUTCH SHELL PLC EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. ROYAL DUTCH SHELL PLC ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. ROYAL DUTCH SHELL PLC PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. ROYAL DUTCH SHELL PLC PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
11. ROYAL DUTCH SHELL PLC VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX 1: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Royal Dutch Shell plc Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Royal Dutch Shell plc Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Royal Dutch Shell plc Major Shareholders
Royal Dutch Shell plc History
Royal Dutch Shell plc Products
Revenues by Product
Revenues by Region
Royal Dutch Shell plc Offices and Representations
Royal Dutch Shell plc SWOT Analysis
Income Statement 2009-2012 Including 4-years Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Balance Sheet 2009-2012 Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Cash Flow 2009-2012 Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Royal Dutch Shell plc Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Royal Dutch Shell plc Capital Market Snapshot
Royal Dutch Shell plc Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Energy Industry Statistics
Royal Dutch Shell plc Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Royal Dutch Shell plc Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
Enhanced SWOT Analysis2 Porter Five Forces Analysis2
LIST OF FIGURES
Royal Dutch Shell plc Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Royal Dutch Shell plc 1-year Stock Charts
Royal Dutch Shell plc 5-year Stock Charts
Royal Dutch Shell plc vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Royal Dutch Shell plc vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Royal Dutch Shell plc Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for public traded companies.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get up-to-date version for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a Project Plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as STEP, PESTLE, STEEP, STEEPLE, STEEPLED, etc.) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations;
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislations will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The extended Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions followed by sixth question added to the original concept:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Is there any complementary products, government decisions or public perception that can impact business?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to Imitate?
- Organized Properly?