- The report contains detailed information about Platinum Energy Resources Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Platinum Energy Resources Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Platinum Energy Resources Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Platinum Energy Resources Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Platinum Energy Resources Inc. business.
About Platinum Energy Resources Inc.
Platinum Energy Resources, Inc. operates as an independent oil and gas exploration and production company. The company, through its wholly owned subsidiary, Maverick Engineering Inc. (Maverick), provides engineering and project management services to the oil and gas industry and others.
Drilling, Exploration, and Production Activities
The company has approximately 37,000 acres under lease. Its properties are concentrated primarily in the Gulf Coast region in Texas, the Permian Basin in Texas and New Mexico, and the Fort Worth Basin in Texas. It owns producing and non-producing oil and natural gas properties. As of December 31, 2008, the company had 5.0 million barrel of oil equivalent of proved oil and natural gas reserves, including 2.3 million barrels of oil and 16.0 million Mcf of natural gas.
Tomball Field: The company owns an interest in, and is the operator of, oil and natural gas properties in the Tomball Field, which is located in Harris County, Texas, and is approximately 30 miles northwest of Houston, Texas. The Tomball Field contains multiple productive formations ranging in depth from 1,000 to 9,000 feet, including the Yegua, Cockfield, and Wilcox. Its operations consist of 19 producing wells and 6 water disposal wells. As of December 31, 2008, the company held 7,000 acres and had an inventory of 3 proved undeveloped locations in the Tomball Field. It owns a 100% working interest and net revenue interests ranging from 84.5% to 87.5%.
Ira Field: The company owns an interest in, and is the operator of, an oil production unit in the Ira Field, which is located in Scurry County, Texas, and is approximately 75 miles northeast of Midland, Texas. The Ira Field production is from the San Andres formation at approximately 1,800 feet. Its operations consist of 150 producing wells and 75 water injection wells. As of December 31, 2008, the company held 3,600 acres and had an inventory of 76 proved undeveloped locations in the Ira Field. The company owns an 88% working interest and 72% net revenue interest.
Ball Field: The company owns an interest in, and is the operator of, oil and natural gas properties in the Ball Field, which is located in Palo Pinto County, Texas, and is approximately 75 miles west of Fort Worth, Texas. The Ball Field contains multiple productive formations ranging in depth from 3,000 to 3,800 feet, including the Big Saline, Duffer, and Barnett Shale. Its operations consist of 17 producing wells and 1 water disposal well. As of December 31, 2008, the company held 4,900 acres and had an inventory of 17 proved undeveloped locations in the Ball Field. It owns working interests ranging from 50% to 100%, and net revenue interests ranging from 40.3% to 87.5%.
Ballard Field: The company owns an interest in, and is the operator of, an oil production unit in the Ballard Field, which is located in Eddy County, New Mexico, and is approximately 150 miles northwest of Midland, Texas. The Ballard Field contains multiple productive formations ranging in depth from 2,000 to 3,000 feet, including the Yates, Grayburg, and San Andres. Its operations consist of 46 producing wells and 26 water injection wells. During 2008 the company drilled and completed 6 proved undeveloped locations. As of December 31, 2008, the company held approximately 3,000 net acres. It owns an 86% working interest and 78.7% net revenue interest.
USM Field: The company owns an interest in, and is the operator of, oil and natural gas properties in the USM Field, which is located in Pecos County, Texas, and is approximately 120 miles southwest of Midland, Texas. The USM Field production is from the Yates and Queen formations at approximately 3,200 feet. Its operations consist of 54 producing wells and 4 water disposal wells. During 2008 the company drilled and completed 4 proved undeveloped locations. As of December 31, 2008, the company held approximately 3,000 net acres in the field. It owns working interests ranging from 90% to 100%, and net revenue interests ranging from 79.3% to 89.6%.
Choate Field: The company owns an interest in, and is the operator of, oil and natural gas properties in the Choate Field, which is located in Hardin County, Texas, and is approximately 35 miles northwest of Beaumont, Texas. The Choate Field production is from sand lenses flanking a salt dome ranging in depth from 1,000 to 2,500 feet. Its operations consist of 23 producing wells. During 2008, the company drilled 11 proved undeveloped locations. As of December 31, 2008, the company held 50 acres and had an inventory of 6 proved undeveloped locations in the Choate Field. It owns a 75% working interest and 57% net revenue interest.
Lothian Properties: The company owns approximately 200 producing wells. Its oil and gas properties located in Chavez, Lea and Eddy counties, New Mexico, and are adjacent to or near its Ballard Field.
Other: The company owns various small mineral, royalty and non-operated working interests in various oil and natural gas properties located in Texas, New Mexico, Louisiana, Montana, and North Dakota.
Maverick provides engineering and construction services primarily for three types of clients, including upstream oil and gas, domestic oil and gas producers and pipeline companies; industrial, petrochemical and refining plants; and infrastructure, private and public sectors, including state municipalities, cities, and port authorities.
1. PLATINUM ENERGY RESOURCES INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. PLATINUM ENERGY RESOURCES INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. PLATINUM ENERGY RESOURCES INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. PLATINUM ENERGY RESOURCES INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. PLATINUM ENERGY RESOURCES INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Platinum Energy Resources Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Platinum Energy Resources Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Platinum Energy Resources Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Platinum Energy Resources Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Energy Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Platinum Energy Resources Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. PLATINUM ENERGY RESOURCES INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. PLATINUM ENERGY RESOURCES INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. PLATINUM ENERGY RESOURCES INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. PLATINUM ENERGY RESOURCES INC. PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. PLATINUM ENERGY RESOURCES INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
11. PLATINUM ENERGY RESOURCES INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX 1: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Platinum Energy Resources Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Platinum Energy Resources Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Platinum Energy Resources Inc. Major Shareholders
Platinum Energy Resources Inc. History
Platinum Energy Resources Inc. Products
Revenues by Product
Revenues by Region
Platinum Energy Resources Inc. Offices and Representations
Platinum Energy Resources Inc. SWOT Analysis
Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Platinum Energy Resources Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Platinum Energy Resources Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Platinum Energy Resources Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Energy Industry Statistics
Platinum Energy Resources Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Platinum Energy Resources Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
Enhanced SWOT Analysis2 Porter Five Forces Analysis2
LIST OF FIGURES
Platinum Energy Resources Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Platinum Energy Resources Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Platinum Energy Resources Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Platinum Energy Resources Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Platinum Energy Resources Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Platinum Energy Resources Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for public traded companies.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get up-to-date version for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a Project Plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as STEP, PESTLE, STEEP, STEEPLE, STEEPLED, etc.) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislations will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The extended Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions followed by sixth question added to the original concept:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Is there any complementary products, government decisions or public perception that can impact business?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to Imitate?
- Organized Properly?