- The report contains detailed information about Nexen Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Nexen Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Nexen Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Nexen Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Nexen Inc. business.
About Nexen Inc.
Nexen Inc. operates as an independent energy company worldwide. The company's oil and gas operations are broken down geographically into the U.K. North Sea, Canada, Syncrude, U.S. Gulf of Mexico, Yemen, and Other International (Colombia, offshore West Africa, and Norway).
The company operates through three segments: Oil and Gas, Energy Marketing, and Chemicals.
Oil and Gas: This segment explores for, develops, and produces crude oil, natural gas, and related products around the world. The company's core operations are onshore in Yemen and Canada, and offshore in the U.S. Gulf of Mexico and the U.K. North Sea. The company's other operations are primarily in Colombia, offshore West Africa and Norway. The company also owns 7.23% of the Syncrude joint venture, which develops and produces synthetic crude oil from mining bitumen in the Athabasca oil sands in northern Alberta.
Energy Marketing: This segment sells crude oil and natural gas, markets third-party crude oil, natural gas, natural gas liquids, and power (including electricity generation). The company's energy marketing group also uses physical commodity transportation and storage capacity contracts to capture regional opportunities. In early 2010, the company entered into an agreement to sell European gas and power marketing business.
Chemicals: Through its investment in Canexus, the company manufactures, markets, and distributes industrial chemicals, principally sodium chlorate, chlorine, muriatic acid, and caustic soda. The company produces sodium chlorate at three facilities in Canada and one in Brazil. It produces chlorine, caustic soda, and muriatic acid at chlor-alkali facilities in Canada and Brazil.
Nexen, Inc. was founded in 1971.
1. NEXEN INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. NEXEN INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. NEXEN INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. NEXEN INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. NEXEN INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Nexen Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Nexen Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Nexen Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Nexen Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Energy Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Nexen Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. NEXEN INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. NEXEN INC. EXPERTS REVIEW*
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
APPENDIX 1: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Nexen Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Nexen Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies*
Key Executives Compensations*
Nexen Inc. Major Shareholders
Nexen Inc. History
Nexen Inc. Products
Revenues by Product
Revenues by Region
Nexen Inc. Offices and Representations
Nexen Inc. SWOT Analysis
Income Statement 2009-2012 Including 4-years Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Balance Sheet 2009-2012 Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Cash Flow 2009-2012 Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Nexen Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Nexen Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Nexen Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Energy Industry Statistics
Nexen Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Nexen Inc. Consensus Recommendations*
Analyst Recommendation Summary*
Price Target Summary*
Experts Recommendation Trends*
Revenue Estimates Analysis*
Earnings Estimates Analysis*
Revenue Estimates Trend*
Earnings Estimates Trend*
LIST OF FIGURES
Nexen Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Nexen Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Nexen Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Nexen Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Nexen Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Nexen Inc. Article Density Chart
* – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
The complete financial data is available for public traded companies.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get up-to-date version for the same price.