- The report contains detailed information about Continental Resources Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Continental Resources Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Continental Resources Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Continental Resources Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Continental Resources Inc. business.
About Continental Resources Inc.
Continental Resources, Inc. engages in the exploration, development, and production of crude oil and natural gas properties in the North, South and East regions of the United States. As of December 31, 2009, the companys proved reserves were 257.3 MMBoe, with estimated proved developed reserves of 113.6 MMBoe, or 44% of total estimated proved reserves.
Crude Oil and Natural Gas Properties and Projects
The companys principal producing properties in this region are in the Red River units, the Bakken field and the Big Horn Basin.
Red River Units
The 8 units comprising the Red River units are located along the Cedar Creek Anticline in North Dakota, South Dakota and Montana and produce crude oil and natural gas from the Red River B formation, a thin, continuous, dolomite formation at depths of 8,000 to 9,500 feet. The companys Red River units comprise a portion of the Cedar Hills field.
Cedar Hills Units: The Cedar Hills North unit (CHNU) is located in Bowman and Slope Counties, North Dakota. As of December 31, 2009, the company had drilled 226 horizontal wells within this 49,700-acre unit, with 111 producing wellbores and the remainder serving as injection wellbores. The company operates and owns a 98% working interest in the CHNU.
The Cedar Hills West unit (CHWU), in Fallon County, Montana, is contiguous to the northern portion of CHNU. As of December 31, 2009, this 7,800-acre unit contained 11 horizontal producing wells and 6 horizontal injection wells. The company operates and owns a 100% working interest in the CHWU.
Medicine Pole Hills Units: The Medicine Pole Hills units (MPHU) are approximately five miles east of the southern portion of the CHNU. The company operates and owns an average 77% working interest in the three units.
Buffalo Red River Units: Three contiguous Buffalo Red River units (Buffalo, West Buffalo and South Buffalo) are located in Harding County, South Dakota, approximately 21 miles south of the MPHU. The company operates and owns an average working interest of 95% in the 32,900 acres comprising the three units.
The company controls one of the acreage positions in the Bakken field of Montana and North Dakota with approximately 1,425,500 gross (645,300 net) acres as of December 31, 2009. As of December 31, 2009, the company had completed 413 gross (183.3 net) wells in the Bakken field. As of December 31, 2009, the company had 1,212,400 gross (481,800 net) acres in the North Dakota Bakken field, of which 20% of the net acreage is developed and 80% of the net acreage is undeveloped.
Big Horn Basin and Other Rockies
The companys principal property in the Big Horn Basin, the Worland field, produces primarily from the Phosphoria formation. It also has several other ongoing projects in the Rockies, including conventional 3D defined Red River and Lodgepole structures in North Dakota and Montana and horizontal Fryburg opportunities in North Dakota.
The companys principal producing properties in this region are located in the Anadarko and Arkoma Basins of Oklahoma, various basins of Texas and Louisiana.
Conventional Anadarko Basin and Gulf Coast
The companys conventional producing properties in the Anadarko Basin and Gulf Coast areas include assets in Oklahoma along the Anadarko Basin Shelf, the Jefferson Island Salt Dome in Iberia Parish, Louisiana and the producing properties in Nueces County, Texas.
The companys principal producing properties in this region are located in the Illinois Basin, Michigan Basin, and portions of the Appalachian Basin in the eastern United States.
The company primarily sells crude oil production to end users at major market centers. Other production is sold to select midstream marketing companies or crude oil refining companies at the lease. As of December 31, 2009, the companys major customer was Marathon Crude Oil Company.
Continental Resources, Inc. was founded in 1967.
1. CONTINENTAL RESOURCES INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. CONTINENTAL RESOURCES INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. CONTINENTAL RESOURCES INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. CONTINENTAL RESOURCES INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. CONTINENTAL RESOURCES INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Continental Resources Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Continental Resources Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Continental Resources Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Continental Resources Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Energy Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Continental Resources Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. CONTINENTAL RESOURCES INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. CONTINENTAL RESOURCES INC. EXPERTS REVIEW*
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
APPENDIX 1: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Continental Resources Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Continental Resources Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies*
Key Executives Compensations*
Continental Resources Inc. Major Shareholders
Continental Resources Inc. History
Continental Resources Inc. Products
Revenues by Product
Revenues by Region
Continental Resources Inc. Offices and Representations
Continental Resources Inc. SWOT Analysis
Income Statement 2009-2012 Including 4-years Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Balance Sheet 2009-2012 Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Cash Flow 2009-2012 Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Continental Resources Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Continental Resources Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Continental Resources Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Energy Industry Statistics
Continental Resources Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Continental Resources Inc. Consensus Recommendations*
Analyst Recommendation Summary*
Price Target Summary*
Experts Recommendation Trends*
Revenue Estimates Analysis*
Earnings Estimates Analysis*
Revenue Estimates Trend*
Earnings Estimates Trend*
LIST OF FIGURES
Continental Resources Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Continental Resources Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Continental Resources Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Continental Resources Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Continental Resources Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Continental Resources Inc. Article Density Chart
* – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
The complete financial data is available for public traded companies.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get up-to-date version for the same price.