- The report contains detailed information about CARBO Ceramics Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for CARBO Ceramics Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The CARBO Ceramics Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes CARBO Ceramics Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of CARBO Ceramics Inc. business.
About CARBO Ceramics Inc.
CARBO Ceramics Inc. engages in the manufacture and supply of ceramic proppants. The company also provides fracture design and consulting services. It also provides a range of technologies for spill prevention, containment, and geotechnical monitoring.
The company sells the majority of its products and services to operators of oil and natural gas wells and to oilfield service companies. Its products and services are primarily used in the hydraulic fracturing of natural gas and oil wells.
Products and Services
The company primarily manufactures five distinct ceramic proppants. CARBOHSP and CARBOPROP are proppants designed primarily for use in deep gas wells. CARBOHSP is used primarily in the fracturing of deep gas wells. CARBOPROP is slightly lower in weight and strength than CARBOHSP® and was developed for use in deep gas wells that do not require the strength of CARBOHSP.
CARBOLITE, CARBOECONOPROP, and CARBHYDROPROP are ceramic proppants. CARBOLITE is used in medium depth oil and gas wells, where the additional strength of ceramic proppant may not be essential, but where higher production rates can be achieved due to the products uniform size and spherical shape.
The company also sells fracture simulation software and provides fracture design, engineering and consulting services to oil and natural gas companies worldwide through its wholly-owned subsidiary, StrataGen, Inc. It provides a suite of stimulation software solutions to the industry that have marked capabilities for on-site real-time analysis. This has enabled recognition and remediation of potential stimulation problems. This stimulation software is integrated with reservoir simulators, thus allowing for stimulation treatment and production optimization. The companys specialized engineering team consults and works with operators around the world to help optimize well placement, fracture treatment design and production stimulation. The companys consultants provide services in various areas, such as fracture treatment design; completion engineering support; on-site treatment supervision, engineering and quality control; post-treatment evaluation and optimization; reservoir and fracture engineering studies; rock mechanics, and software application and training.
The company also provides a range of technologies for spill prevention and containment and geotechnical monitoring through its wholly owned subsidiaries Falcon Technologies and Services, Inc. (Falcon Technologies) and Applied Geomechanics, Inc. (AGI). AGI provides monitoring systems and services for bridges, buildings, tunnels, dams, slopes, embankments, volcanoes, landslides, mines and construction projects around the world. It serves a spectrum of customers in markets ranging from auto racing teams to surveyors, experimental physicists, radio astronomers, and naval architects. In October 2009, Falcon Technologies purchased the assets of BBL Falcon Industries, Ltd., a supplier of spill prevention and containment systems for the oil and gas industry.
Customers and Marketing
The companys major customers are BJ Services Company; Halliburton Energy Services, Inc.; and Schlumberger Limited. It provides its software simulation products and consulting services directly to owners and/or operators of oil and gas wells.
The companys international marketing efforts are conducted primarily through its sales offices in Dubai, the United Arab Emirates; Aberdeen, Scotland; Beijing, China; and Moscow, Russia; and through commissioned sales agents located in South America and China. Its products and services are used worldwide by U.S. customers operating domestically and abroad, and by foreign customers.
The company's major worldwide proppant competitors include Saint-Gobain Proppants, a division of Compagnie de Saint-Gobain, a French glass and materials company; and Mineracao Curimbaba, based in Brazil. It comeptes with two major manufacturers of ceramic proppant in Russia, including Borovichi Refractory Plant located in Borovichi, Russia; and FORES Refractory Plant located in Ekaterinburg, Russia.
The company also competes with suppliers of mined sand, such as Unimin Corp.; Badger Mining Corp.; Fairmount Minerals Limited, Inc.; and Ogelbay-Norton Company. It also competes with suppliers of resin-coated sand, such as Hexion Specialty Chemicals, Inc. and Santrol, a subsidiary of Fairmount Minerals.
CARBO Ceramics Inc. was founded in 1987.
1. CARBO CERAMICS INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. CARBO CERAMICS INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. CARBO CERAMICS INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. CARBO CERAMICS INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. CARBO CERAMICS INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. CARBO Ceramics Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of CARBO Ceramics Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of CARBO Ceramics Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. CARBO Ceramics Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Energy Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. CARBO Ceramics Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. CARBO CERAMICS INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. CARBO CERAMICS INC. EXPERTS REVIEW*
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
APPENDIX 1: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
CARBO Ceramics Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
CARBO Ceramics Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies*
Key Executives Compensations*
CARBO Ceramics Inc. Major Shareholders
CARBO Ceramics Inc. History
CARBO Ceramics Inc. Products
Revenues by Product
Revenues by Region
CARBO Ceramics Inc. Offices and Representations
CARBO Ceramics Inc. SWOT Analysis
Income Statement 2009-2012 Including 4-years Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Balance Sheet 2009-2012 Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Cash Flow 2009-2012 Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
CARBO Ceramics Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
CARBO Ceramics Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
CARBO Ceramics Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Energy Industry Statistics
CARBO Ceramics Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
CARBO Ceramics Inc. Consensus Recommendations*
Analyst Recommendation Summary*
Price Target Summary*
Experts Recommendation Trends*
Revenue Estimates Analysis*
Earnings Estimates Analysis*
Revenue Estimates Trend*
Earnings Estimates Trend*
LIST OF FIGURES
CARBO Ceramics Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
CARBO Ceramics Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
CARBO Ceramics Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
CARBO Ceramics Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
CARBO Ceramics Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
CARBO Ceramics Inc. Article Density Chart
* – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
The complete financial data is available for public traded companies.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get up-to-date version for the same price.