- The report contains detailed information about Blue Dolphin Energy Company that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Blue Dolphin Energy Company. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Blue Dolphin Energy Company financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Blue Dolphin Energy Company competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Blue Dolphin Energy Company business.
- * - The report may be supplemented by PESTEL analysis, an ideal tool that helps to uncover external factors influencing the business.
About Blue Dolphin Energy Company
Blue Dolphin Energy Company, through its subsidiaries, engages in the provision of pipeline transportation and related services for producers/shippers, and exploration and production of oil and gas in the United States.
The companys operating subsidiaries include Blue Dolphin Pipe Line Company; Blue Dolphin Petroleum Company; Blue Dolphin Exploration Company; Blue Dolphin Services Co; and Petroport Inc.
The company conducts its business activities in two business segments, Pipeline transportation and related services for producer/shippers; and Oil and gas exploration and production.
Pipeline Operations and Activities
Blue Dolphin Pipeline System (BDPS): The Blue Dolphin Pipeline System includes: the Blue Dolphin Pipeline, an offshore platform, the Buccaneer Pipeline, onshore facilities for condensate and gas separation and dehydration, 85,000 Bbls of above-ground tankage for storage of crude oil and condensate, a barge loading terminal on the Intracoastal Waterway and 360 acres of land in Brazoria County, Texas where the Blue Dolphin Pipeline comes ashore and where the pipeline systems onshore facilities, pipeline easements and rights-of-way are located. The company owns an 83% undivided interest in the BDPS. The BDPS gathers and transports gas and condensate from various offshore fields in the Galveston Area of the Gulf of Mexico to its onshore facilities located in Freeport, Texas. After processing, the gas is transported to an end user and a major intrastate pipeline system with downstream tie-ins to other intrastate and interstate pipeline systems and end users.
The Blue Dolphin Pipeline System consists of two segments, an offshore segment and an onshore segment. The offshore segment transports both gas and condensate and is comprised of approximately 34 miles of 20-inch pipeline originating at an offshore platform in Galveston Area Block 288 and running to shore. The offshore segment also includes the platform in Galveston Area Block 288 and 5 field gathering lines totaling approximately 27 miles connected to the main 20-inch line. An additional 2 miles of 20-inch pipeline onshore connects the offshore segment to the onshore facility at Freeport, Texas. The onshore segment also includes approximately 2 miles of 16-inch pipeline for transportation of gas from the onshore facility to a sales point at a chemical plant complex and intrastate pipeline system tie-in in Freeport, Texas. The Buccaneer Pipeline, an approximate 2 mile, 8-inch liquids pipeline, transports condensate from the onshore facility storage tanks to the companys barge-loading terminal on the Intracoastal Waterway near Freeport, Texas for sale to third parties. The Blue Dolphin Pipeline has an aggregate capacity of approximately 160 MMcf of gas and 7,000 Bbls of crude oil and condensate per day.
Galveston Area Block 350 Pipeline: The company owns an 83% undivided interest in the Galveston Area Block 350 Pipeline (the GA 350 Pipeline). The GA 350 Pipeline is an 8-inch, 13 mile offshore pipeline extending from Galveston Area Block 350 to an interconnect with a transmission pipeline in Galveston Area Block 391 located approximately 14 miles south of the Blue Dolphin Pipeline. The system capacity on the GA 350 Pipeline is 65 MMcf of gas per day.
Oil and Gas Exploration and Production Activities
The company engages in the exploration, acquisition, development, operation and, when appropriate, disposition of oil and gas properties. It focuses on its oil and gas activities in the western Gulf of Mexico off the Texas coast. It owns seismic and other data that might be used to evaluate and develop prospects, including a non-exclusive license to approximately 200 blocks of 3-D seismic data covering 1,152,000 acres in the western Gulf of Mexico and a substantial inventory of close grid 2-D seismic data. The companys oil and gas assets are held by Blue Dolphin Petroleum Company.
Galveston Area Block 321 is located approximately 32 miles southeast of Galveston in an average water depth of approximately 66 feet. The block contains one active well, the A-4 Well, which began production in March 2009. The company owns a 0.5% overriding royalty interest in the well. The lease is operated by Maritech Resources.
High Island Block 115 is located approximately 30 miles southeast of Bolivar Peninsula in an average water depth of approximately 38 feet. The company owns a 2.5% working interest in a single production zone in the well.
High Island Block 37 is located approximately 15 miles south of Sabine Pass, offshore Texas, in an average water depth of approximately 36 feet. The company owns an approximate 2.8% working interest in this lease that covers 5,760 acres. The lease is operated by Hilcorp Energy Company.
During 2009, the companys customer included Gryphon Exploration, W&T Offshore, Helis Oil & Gas, and Maritech Resources.
Blue Dolphin Energy Company was founded in 1986.
1. BLUE DOLPHIN ENERGY COMPANY COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. BLUE DOLPHIN ENERGY COMPANY BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. BLUE DOLPHIN ENERGY COMPANY SWOT ANALYSIS
4. BLUE DOLPHIN ENERGY COMPANY FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. BLUE DOLPHIN ENERGY COMPANY COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Blue Dolphin Energy Company Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Blue Dolphin Energy Company and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Blue Dolphin Energy Company and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Blue Dolphin Energy Company Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Energy Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Blue Dolphin Energy Company Industry Position Analysis
6. BLUE DOLPHIN ENERGY COMPANY NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. BLUE DOLPHIN ENERGY COMPANY EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. BLUE DOLPHIN ENERGY COMPANY PESTEL ANALYSIS2
8.1. Political Factors
8.2. Economic Factors
8.3. Social Factors
8.4. Technological Factors
8.5. Environmental Factors
8.6. Legal Factors
APPENDIX 1: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Blue Dolphin Energy Company Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Blue Dolphin Energy Company Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Blue Dolphin Energy Company Major Shareholders
Blue Dolphin Energy Company History
Blue Dolphin Energy Company Products
Revenues by Product
Revenues by Region
Blue Dolphin Energy Company Offices and Representations
Blue Dolphin Energy Company SWOT Analysis
Income Statement 2009-2012 Including 4-years Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Balance Sheet 2009-2012 Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Cash Flow 2009-2012 Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Blue Dolphin Energy Company Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Blue Dolphin Energy Company Capital Market Snapshot
Blue Dolphin Energy Company Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Energy Industry Statistics
Blue Dolphin Energy Company Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Blue Dolphin Energy Company Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Blue Dolphin Energy Company Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Blue Dolphin Energy Company 1-year Stock Charts
Blue Dolphin Energy Company 5-year Stock Charts
Blue Dolphin Energy Company vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Blue Dolphin Energy Company vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Blue Dolphin Energy Company Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – This section is available when purchasing a report with PESTEL analysis only.
The complete financial data is available for public traded companies.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get up-to-date version for the same price.
PESTEL (also termed as STEP, PESTLE, STEEP, STEEPLE, STEEPLED, etc.) is an ideal tool to strategically analyse what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimising the threats to the organisation.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organisation, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations;
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organisation?
- Legal – What laws and legislations will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
- Environmental – What environmental ecological and facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?