- The report contains detailed information about American Apparel, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for American Apparel, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The American Apparel, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes American Apparel, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of American Apparel, Inc. business.
About American Apparel, Inc.
American Apparel, Inc. engages in the manufacture, distribution, and retailing of branded fashion basic apparel in the United States. The company designs, manufactures, and sells clothing for women, men, children, and pets through retail, wholesale, and online distribution channels. The company also operates an online retail e-commerce website at www.americanapparel.com.
The companys segments are U.S. Wholesale, U.S. Retail, Canada, and International. The U.S. Wholesale segment includes the companys wholesale and online consumer operations in the U.S. The U.S. Retail segment includes the companys retail operations in the U.S. The Canada business segment includes retail, wholesale and online operations in Canada. The International segment includes retail, wholesale and online operations outside of the U.S. and Canada.
As of December 31, 2009, the retail operations in the Canada segment comprised 40 retail stores. The International segment consists of retail, wholesale and online consumer operations outside of the United States, and Canada. The retail operations in the International segment comprised 81 retail stores in the following 18 countries: the United Kingdom, Ireland, Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Israel, Australia, Brazil, Mexico, Japan, South Korea, and China. American Apparels retail operations principally target young adults aged 20 to 32 through its assortment of fashionable clothing and accessories. The product offering includes womens and mens basic apparel and accessories, as well as new lines for children and pets.
The companys wholesale operations sell to approximately 12 authorized distributors and approximately 10,000 screen printers and advertising specialty companies. American Apparels wholesale customers sell imprinted sportswear and accessories to a range of end-consumers, including corporations, sporting venues, concert promoters, athletic leagues, and educational institutions, among others.
Online Consumer Sales
The company operates an online consumer e-commerce website, which offers the products for purchase. This e-commerce website, located at www.americanapparel.com, has localized storefronts for the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Continental Europe, Switzerland, Japan, Korea, and Australia.
The companys competitors include The Gap, Urban Outfitters, H&M, Uniqlo, Forever 21, Gildan, Activewear, Hanesbrands, Russell Athletic, and Fruit of the Loom.
American Apparel, Inc. was founded in 1998.
1. AMERICAN APPAREL, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. AMERICAN APPAREL, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. AMERICAN APPAREL, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. AMERICAN APPAREL, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. AMERICAN APPAREL, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. American Apparel, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of American Apparel, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of American Apparel, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. American Apparel, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Clothing, Textiles and Accessories Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. American Apparel, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. AMERICAN APPAREL, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. AMERICAN APPAREL, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW*
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
APPENDIX 1: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
American Apparel, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
American Apparel, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies*
Key Executives Compensations*
American Apparel, Inc. Major Shareholders
American Apparel, Inc. History
American Apparel, Inc. Products
Revenues by Product
Revenues by Region
American Apparel, Inc. Offices and Representations
American Apparel, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Income Statement 2009-2012 Including 4-years Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Balance Sheet 2009-2012 Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Cash Flow 2009-2012 Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
American Apparel, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
American Apparel, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
American Apparel, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Clothing, Textiles and Accessories Industry Statistics
American Apparel, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
American Apparel, Inc. Consensus Recommendations*
Analyst Recommendation Summary*
Price Target Summary*
Experts Recommendation Trends*
Revenue Estimates Analysis*
Earnings Estimates Analysis*
Revenue Estimates Trend*
Earnings Estimates Trend*
LIST OF FIGURES
American Apparel, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
American Apparel, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
American Apparel, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
American Apparel, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
American Apparel, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
American Apparel, Inc. Article Density Chart
* – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
The complete financial data is available for public traded companies.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get up-to-date version for the same price.