- The report contains detailed information about West Marine Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for West Marine Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The West Marine Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes West Marine Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of West Marine Inc. business.
About West Marine Inc.
West Marine, Inc. is a boating supply retailer. The company offers an assortment of merchandise for the boat and for the boater that meets the needs of individual boaters and boating businesses.
There were 335 company-operated stores open, as of December 31, 2009. In addition, the company has two franchised stores in Turkey. As of December 31, 2009, the company had main stores in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, San Diego, California, Brick, New Jersey and Jacksonville, Florida. Its main stores offer an array of merchandiseapproximately 16,000 itemsas well as interactive displays designed to help customers make informed product selections. These stores offer an assortment of boating hardware and supplies, as well as present a selection of boating-related lifestyle products, such as apparel.
Port Supply segment
The company serves the wholesale market through commissioned sales representatives, its stores, a call center, and the Internet at www.portsupply.com. In 2009, the company distributed marine supplies to domestic and international wholesale customers. Port Supply customers include businesses involved in boat sales, boat building, boat commissioning and repair, yacht chartering, marina operations and other boating-related activities. In addition, Port Supply sells to government and industrial customers who use the companys products for boating and non-boating purposes.
Direct Sales segment
The companys e-commerce website and virtual call center comprise the Direct Sales, or direct-to-customer, segment. This direct-to-customer channel complements the Stores segment by building brand awareness, acting as an additional marketing vehicle, and providing customers with the option of shopping from across the globe. E-commerce website provides customers with access to a selection of approximately 50,000 products, product advisor tips and technical information, approximately 250 product videos and customer-submitted product reviews. This segment also provides customers with access to technical advisors who can assist customers in understanding the various uses and applications of the products the company sells. The company mails its catalogs to addresses from proprietary customer list.
West Marine, Inc. was founded in 1976.
1. WEST MARINE INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. WEST MARINE INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. WEST MARINE INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. WEST MARINE INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. WEST MARINE INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. West Marine Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of West Marine Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of West Marine Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. West Marine Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Retail Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. West Marine Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. WEST MARINE INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. WEST MARINE INC. EXPERTS REVIEW*
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
APPENDIX 1: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
West Marine Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
West Marine Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies*
Key Executives Compensations*
West Marine Inc. Major Shareholders
West Marine Inc. History
West Marine Inc. Products
Revenues by Product
Revenues by Region
West Marine Inc. Offices and Representations
West Marine Inc. SWOT Analysis
Income Statement 2009-2012 Including 4-years Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Balance Sheet 2009-2012 Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Cash Flow 2009-2012 Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
West Marine Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
West Marine Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
West Marine Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Retail Industry Statistics
West Marine Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
West Marine Inc. Consensus Recommendations*
Analyst Recommendation Summary*
Price Target Summary*
Experts Recommendation Trends*
Revenue Estimates Analysis*
Earnings Estimates Analysis*
Revenue Estimates Trend*
Earnings Estimates Trend*
LIST OF FIGURES
West Marine Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
West Marine Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
West Marine Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
West Marine Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
West Marine Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
West Marine Inc. Article Density Chart
* – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
The complete financial data is available for public traded companies.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get up-to-date version for the same price.