- The report contains detailed information about China Nepstar Chain Drugstore Ltd. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for China Nepstar Chain Drugstore Ltd.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The China Nepstar Chain Drugstore Ltd. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes China Nepstar Chain Drugstore Ltd. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of China Nepstar Chain Drugstore Ltd. business.
About China Nepstar Chain Drugstore Ltd.
China Nepstar Chain Drugstore Ltd., through its subsidiaries, operates retail drugstores in the Peoples Republic of China. As of December 31, 2009, the company had a network of 2,479 directly operated stores spanning 71 cities across 14 provinces and direct-controlled municipalities in China.
The company has operations in various cities in China, including Shenzhen, Guangzhou, Dalian, Hangzhou, Ningbo, and Suzhou. Its provides its customers with professional pharmacy services and other merchandise, including OTC drugs, nutritional supplements, herbal products, personal care products, and family care products, as well as convenience products, including consumable, seasonal, and promotional items. It also offers private label products.
Products and Services
The companys typical store carries approximately 1,800 to 2,350 different products. Its merchandise can be classified into the following categories:
Prescription Drugs: The company offers approximately 3,000 prescription drugs. It accepts prescriptions from licensed health care providers and does not prescribe medications or otherwise practice medicine. It requests that prescription drug customers provide it with information regarding drug allergies, medical conditions, and medications. The companys in-store pharmacists also perform a drug utilization review in which they cross-check every prescription against the customers submitted information for drug, disease and allergy interactions.
OTC Drugs: The company offers approximately 3,000 OTC drugs, including western medicines and traditional Chinese medicines, for the treatment of common diseases.
Nutritional Supplements: The company offers approximately 600 nutritional supplements, including various healthcare supplements, vitamins, minerals, and dietary products.
Herbal Products: The company offers various types of drinkable herbal remedies and packages of assorted herbs for making soup, which are used by consumers as health supplements.
Other Products: The companys other products include personal care products, such as skin care, hair care, and beauty products; family care products, such as portable medical devices for family use, birth control and early pregnancy test products; and convenience products, including soft drinks, packaged snacks, and other consumables, cleaning agents, and stationery. The companys other products also include seasonal and promotional items tailored to local consumer demand.
Private Label Products
The company has a private label portfolio of approximately 1,524 products marketed under 131 private labels. Its primary private labels include Qianlong, which is used to market various OTC drugs, including gastrointestinal and dermatological products; and Wisconsin, which is used to market 20 different types of nutritional supplements manufactured in the United States.
The companys typical customers are urban residents in major Chinese cities. In addition, it sells prescription and OTC drugs to non-retail customers who choose to purchase from it rather than from manufacturers and distributors of pharmaceutical products directly.
China Nepstar Chain Drugstore Ltd. was founded in 1995.
1. CHINA NEPSTAR CHAIN DRUGSTORE LTD. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. CHINA NEPSTAR CHAIN DRUGSTORE LTD. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. CHINA NEPSTAR CHAIN DRUGSTORE LTD. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. CHINA NEPSTAR CHAIN DRUGSTORE LTD. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. CHINA NEPSTAR CHAIN DRUGSTORE LTD. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. China Nepstar Chain Drugstore Ltd. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of China Nepstar Chain Drugstore Ltd. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of China Nepstar Chain Drugstore Ltd. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. China Nepstar Chain Drugstore Ltd. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Retail Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. China Nepstar Chain Drugstore Ltd. Industry Position Analysis
6. CHINA NEPSTAR CHAIN DRUGSTORE LTD. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. CHINA NEPSTAR CHAIN DRUGSTORE LTD. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. CHINA NEPSTAR CHAIN DRUGSTORE LTD. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CHINA NEPSTAR CHAIN DRUGSTORE LTD. PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. CHINA NEPSTAR CHAIN DRUGSTORE LTD. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
11. CHINA NEPSTAR CHAIN DRUGSTORE LTD. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX 1: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
China Nepstar Chain Drugstore Ltd. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
China Nepstar Chain Drugstore Ltd. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
China Nepstar Chain Drugstore Ltd. Major Shareholders
China Nepstar Chain Drugstore Ltd. History
China Nepstar Chain Drugstore Ltd. Products
Revenues by Product
Revenues by Region
China Nepstar Chain Drugstore Ltd. Offices and Representations
China Nepstar Chain Drugstore Ltd. SWOT Analysis
Income Statement 2010-2013 Including 4-years Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Balance Sheet 2010-2013 Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Cash Flow 2010-2013 Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
China Nepstar Chain Drugstore Ltd. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
China Nepstar Chain Drugstore Ltd. Capital Market Snapshot
China Nepstar Chain Drugstore Ltd. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Retail Industry Statistics
China Nepstar Chain Drugstore Ltd. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
China Nepstar Chain Drugstore Ltd. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
Enhanced SWOT Analysis2 Porter Five Forces Analysis2
LIST OF FIGURES
China Nepstar Chain Drugstore Ltd. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
China Nepstar Chain Drugstore Ltd. 1-year Stock Charts
China Nepstar Chain Drugstore Ltd. 5-year Stock Charts
China Nepstar Chain Drugstore Ltd. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
China Nepstar Chain Drugstore Ltd. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
China Nepstar Chain Drugstore Ltd. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for public traded companies.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get up-to-date version for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a Project Plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as STEP, PESTLE, STEEP, STEEPLE, STEEPLED, etc.) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislations will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The extended Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions followed by sixth question added to the original concept:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Is there any complementary products, government decisions or public perception that can impact business?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to Imitate?
- Organized Properly?