- The report contains detailed information about Tejon Ranch Co. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Tejon Ranch Co.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Tejon Ranch Co. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Tejon Ranch Co. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Tejon Ranch Co. business.
About Tejon Ranch Co.
Tejon Ranch Co. operates as a real estate development and agribusiness company in United States.
REAL ESTATE OPERATIONS
The companys real estate operations consist of four principal activities: land planning and entitlement; real estate development; commercial sales and leasing; and income portfolio management. Its real estate activities within its commercial/industrial segment include entitling, planning, and permitting of land for development; construction of infrastructure; the construction of pre-leased buildings; the construction of buildings to be leased or sold; and the sale of land to third parties for their own development. Its real estate operations within its resort/residential segment include land entitlement, land planning and pre-construction engineering, and land stewardship activities. The companys primary asset is approximately 270,000 acres of contiguous undeveloped land that is 60 miles north of Los Angeles and is 15 miles east of Bakersfield.
Construction: During 2009, the company installed road and water systems infrastructure at TIC-East to prepare parcels for sale or lease and completed the expansion of the Laval Road interchange bridge. Its Petro Travel Plaza Holdings joint venture (TA/Petro) completed construction of a new travel plaza within TIC-East which opened in December 2009.
Leasing: Within its commercial/industrial segment, the company leases land to various types of tenants. It leases land to a full-service truck stop facility, a truck wash, and four auto service stations with convenience stores, four fast-food operations, two full-service restaurants, one motel, an antique shop, and a United States Postal Service facility. In addition, the company leases various microwave repeater locations, radio and cellular transmitter sites, and fiber optic cable routes; 32 acres of land to Calpine Generating Company (Calpine) for an electric power plant; and 1 office building in Rancho Santa Fe, California (which the company also owns). The company leases certain portions of its land to oil companies for the exploration and production of oil and gas. It has approximately 2,000 acres under lease to National Cement Company of California, Inc. (National) for the purpose of manufacturing Portland cement from limestone deposits found on the leased acreage. National owns and operates a cement manufacturing plant on its property with a capacity of approximately 1,000,000 tons of cement per year.
Joint Ventures: The company is also involved in multiple joint ventures with various partners. Its TA/Petro joint venture owns and operates a 51-acre travel and truck stop facility, and also operates 3 separate gas stations with convenience stores within TIC-West. The company is involved in two joint ventures with Rockefeller Development Group, the Five West Parcel LLC which owns a 606,000 square foot building in TIC-West, which is partially leased, and the 18-19 West LLC which owns 61.5 acres of land for future development within TIC-West.
The companys resort/residential segment activities include land planning and entitlement and land stewardship activities. It has two major resort/residential communities within this segment, one of which Tejon Mountain Village (TMV) - received county entitlement approvals in 2009 and one of which the Centennial community - is progressing through the entitlement process in Los Angeles County.
Centennial Community: The Centennial development is a master-planned community development encompassing approximately 11,000 acres of its land within Los Angeles County. Upon completion of Centennial, it is estimated that the community would include approximately 23,000 homes. The community would also incorporate business districts, schools, retail and entertainment centers, medical facilities and other commercial office and light industrial businesses. Centennial is being developed by Centennial Founders, LLC, a consolidated joint venture in which the company had a 57.1% ownership interest as of December 31, 2009. The companys partners in this joint venture are Pardee Homes, Lewis Investment Company, and Standard Pacific Corp.
Tejon Mountain Village community: In addition to the Centennial community project, the company engages in the development of TMV. TMV is envisioned as a resort-based community that would provide owners and guests with various recreational opportunities, lodging and spa facilities, golf facilities, a range of housing options, and other services and amenities that are designed to distinguish TMV as the resort of choice for the Southern California market. TMV is being developed by TMV LLC, an unconsolidated joint venture in which the company has a 50% ownership interest. The companys partner in this joint venture is DMB TMV LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of DMB Associates, Inc. (DMB), which is a resort/recreational planned community developer.
In the San Joaquin Valley, the company farms permanent crops, including the following acreage: wine grapes1,702; almonds1,608; and pistachios1,053. It manages the farming of alfalfa and forage mix on 775 acres in the Antelope Valley and it leases 750 acres of land that is used for the growing of vegetables. The company sells its farm commodities to various commercial buyers.
During 2009, the companys major customer included Calpine, a tenant who leases and operates a power plant on its land.
Tejon Ranch Co. was founded in 1936.
1. TEJON RANCH CO. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. TEJON RANCH CO. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. TEJON RANCH CO. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. TEJON RANCH CO. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. TEJON RANCH CO. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Tejon Ranch Co. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Tejon Ranch Co. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Tejon Ranch Co. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Tejon Ranch Co. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Real Estate Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Tejon Ranch Co. Industry Position Analysis
6. TEJON RANCH CO. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. TEJON RANCH CO. EXPERTS REVIEW*
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
APPENDIX 1: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Tejon Ranch Co. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Tejon Ranch Co. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies*
Key Executives Compensations*
Tejon Ranch Co. Major Shareholders
Tejon Ranch Co. History
Tejon Ranch Co. Products
Revenues by Product
Revenues by Region
Tejon Ranch Co. Offices and Representations
Tejon Ranch Co. SWOT Analysis
Income Statement 2009-2012 Including 4-years Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Balance Sheet 2009-2012 Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Cash Flow 2009-2012 Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Tejon Ranch Co. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Tejon Ranch Co. Capital Market Snapshot
Tejon Ranch Co. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Real Estate Industry Statistics
Tejon Ranch Co. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Tejon Ranch Co. Consensus Recommendations*
Analyst Recommendation Summary*
Price Target Summary*
Experts Recommendation Trends*
Revenue Estimates Analysis*
Earnings Estimates Analysis*
Revenue Estimates Trend*
Earnings Estimates Trend*
LIST OF FIGURES
Tejon Ranch Co. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Tejon Ranch Co. 1-year Stock Charts
Tejon Ranch Co. 5-year Stock Charts
Tejon Ranch Co. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Tejon Ranch Co. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Tejon Ranch Co. Article Density Chart
* – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
The complete financial data is available for public traded companies.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get up-to-date version for the same price.