- The report contains detailed information about Cogdell Spencer Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Cogdell Spencer Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Cogdell Spencer Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Cogdell Spencer Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Cogdell Spencer Inc. business.
About Cogdell Spencer Inc.
Cogdell Spencer, Inc. operates as an integrated, self-administered and self-managed real estate investment trust (REIT) that invests in specialty office buildings for the medical profession, including medical offices, ambulatory surgery and diagnostic centers, in the United States of America.
The company engages in the ownership, development, redevelopment, acquisition and management of medical office buildings and other healthcare related facilities. The company operates its business through Cogdell Spencer LP, its operating partnership subsidiary (the Operating Partnership), and its subsidiaries.
The company has 29 offices located in California, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, and Virginia.
As of December 31, 2006, the companys portfolio consisted of 112 medical office buildings and healthcare related facilities, serving 27 hospital systems in 10 states. The companys aggregate portfolio comprises: 50 wholly-owned properties; four joint venture properties; and 58 properties owned by third parties. The companys wholly owned properties located in California, Georgia, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Virginia.
As of December 31, 2006, the companys aggregate portfolio contains approximately 5.3 million net rentable square feet, consisting of approximately 2.6 million net rentable square feet from wholly owned properties, approximately 0.2 million net rentable square feet from joint venture properties, and approximately 2.5 million net rental square feet from properties owned by third parties and managed by the company.
The company has constructed the 52,800 square foot rehabilitation hospital in Lancaster, Pennsylvania. This facility is leased to an operating joint venture composed of Centerre Healthcare Corp. and Lancaster General Hospital. This facility, located on the Lancaster General Health Campus includes a therapeutic pool, gymnasium, 50 private rooms and space for intensive inpatient physical rehabilitation following strokes, trauma or other health care problems that result in severe disabilities.
The companys tenants include Palmetto Health Alliance; NorthEast Medical Center; University Hospital (Augusta, GA); Carolinas HealthCare System; and Gaston Memorial Hospital.
During 2006, the company acquired Consera Healthcare Real Estate, LLC (Consera). Consera provides property management services to third parties and Consera, together with the company, has elected Consera to be treated as a TRS.
The company has signed a joint venture operating agreement with Northwestern Mutual to form CSA Medical Partners LLC, a joint venture to acquire medical office buildings.
The company elected to be taxed as a REIT for federal income tax purposes.
Cogdell Spencer, Inc. was incorporated in 2005.
1. COGDELL SPENCER INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. COGDELL SPENCER INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. COGDELL SPENCER INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. COGDELL SPENCER INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. COGDELL SPENCER INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Cogdell Spencer Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Cogdell Spencer Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Cogdell Spencer Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Cogdell Spencer Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Real Estate Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Cogdell Spencer Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. COGDELL SPENCER INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. COGDELL SPENCER INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. COGDELL SPENCER INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. COGDELL SPENCER INC. PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. COGDELL SPENCER INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
11. COGDELL SPENCER INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX 1: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Cogdell Spencer Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Cogdell Spencer Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Cogdell Spencer Inc. Major Shareholders
Cogdell Spencer Inc. History
Cogdell Spencer Inc. Products
Revenues by Product
Revenues by Region
Cogdell Spencer Inc. Offices and Representations
Cogdell Spencer Inc. SWOT Analysis
Income Statement Including 4-years Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Cogdell Spencer Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Cogdell Spencer Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Cogdell Spencer Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Real Estate Industry Statistics
Cogdell Spencer Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Cogdell Spencer Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
Enhanced SWOT Analysis2 Porter Five Forces Analysis2
LIST OF FIGURES
Cogdell Spencer Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Cogdell Spencer Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Cogdell Spencer Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Cogdell Spencer Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Cogdell Spencer Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Cogdell Spencer Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for public traded companies.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get up-to-date version for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a Project Plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as STEP, PESTLE, STEEP, STEEPLE, STEEPLED, etc.) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislations will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The extended Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions followed by sixth question added to the original concept:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Is there any complementary products, government decisions or public perception that can impact business?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to Imitate?
- Organized Properly?