- The report contains detailed information about Integrys Energy Group, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Integrys Energy Group, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Integrys Energy Group, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Integrys Energy Group, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Integrys Energy Group, Inc. business.
About Integrys Energy Group, Inc.
Integrys Energy Group, Inc., through its subsidiaries, operates as a regulated electric and natural gas utility company in the United States and Canada.
The companys segments include Electric Utility, Natural Gas Utility, Integrys Energy Services, Electric Transmission Investment, and Holding Company and Other Segments.
Electric Utility Segment
This segment includes the regulated electric utility operations of Wisconsin Public Service Corporation (WPS) and Upper Peninsula Power Company (UPPCO).
Natural Gas Utility Segment
This segment includes the regulated natural gas utility operations of WPS, Michigan Gas Utilities Corporation (MGU), Minnesota Energy Resources Corporation (MERC), The Peoples Gas Light and Coke Company (PGL), and North Shore Gas Company (NSG).
Integrys Energy Services
Integrys Energy Services is a diversified nonregulated energy supply and services company serving retail customers (residential, commercial, and industrial). Integrys Energy Services provides energy supply solutions, products, and strategies that enable customers to manage energy needs.
Electric Transmission Investment
This segment consists of WPS Investments, LLCs approximate 34% ownership interest in American Transmission Company LLC (ATC). As of December 31, 2009, WPS Investments was owned 84.5% by Integrys Energy Group, 12.8% by WPS, and 2.7% by UPPCO. ATC is a federally regulated electric transmission company with operations in Wisconsin, Michigan, Minnesota, and Illinois.
Holding Company and Other Segment
This segment includes the operations of the Integrys Energy Group holding company and the PEC holding company, along with any nonutility activities at WPS, MGU, MERC, UPPCO, The Peoples Gas Light and Coke Company (PGL), NSG, and Integrys Business Support, LLC (IBS).
Regulated Natural Gas Utility Operations
Integrys Energy Group provides regulated natural gas utility service to approximately 1,669,000 residential, commercial and industrial, transportation, and other customers located in Chicago and northern suburbs of Chicago, northeastern Wisconsin, adjacent portions of Michigan's Upper Peninsula, various cities and communities throughout Minnesota, and in the southern portion of lower Michigan.
Natural Gas Supply
Integrys Energy Group's natural gas utilities manage portfolios of natural gas supply contracts, storage services, and pipeline transportation services. Integrys Energy Group's regulated natural gas subsidiaries contract for fixed-term firm natural gas supplies with various natural gas suppliers each year. Integrys Energy Group's natural gas utilities contract with various underground storage facilities for underground natural gas storage capacity and have company-owned storage.
Regulated Electric Utility Operations
Integrys Energy Group's regulated electric utility operations are provided through WPS and UPPCO to approximately 489,000 residential, commercial and industrial, wholesale, and other customers. WPS's regulated electric operations generate and distribute electric energy mainly to northeastern Wisconsin and a small portion of Michigan's Upper Peninsula. UPPCO provides electric energy in Michigan's Upper Peninsula. Wholesale electric service is provided to various customers, including municipal utilities, electric cooperatives, energy marketers, other investor-owned utilities, and municipal joint action agencies.
Both WPS and UPPCO are members of Midwest Independent Transmission System Operator, Inc. (MISO), an independent, non-profit organization, which operates a financial and physical electric wholesale market in the Midwest. WPS and UPPCO offer their generation and bid their customer load into the MISO market.
Power Purchase Agreements
Integrys Energy Group's regulated electric facilities enter into short-term and long-term power purchase agreements to meet a portion of electric energy supply needs. The most significant of these is an agreement is with Dominion Energy Kewaunee, LLC to purchase energy and capacity from the Kewaunee Power Station.
Integrys Energy Services
Integrys Energy Services is a diversified nonregulated natural gas and electric power supply and services company. Integrys Energy Services and its subsidiaries market energy and related products in the retail market serving commercial, industrial, direct, and aggregated small commercial and residential customers. Aggregated customers are municipalities, associations, or groups of customers that have joined together to negotiate purchases of electric or natural gas energy as a larger group.
Integrys Energy Services assists customers with selecting an energy solution that meets their needs and collaborates with energy developers of wholesale energy projects.
Natural Gas Facilities
As of December 31, 2009, Integrys Energy Groups natural gas properties were located in Illinois, Wisconsin, Minnesota, and Michigan, and consisted of approximately 22,000 miles of natural gas distribution mains; approximately 1,010 miles of natural gas transmission mains; approximately 291 natural gas distribution and transmission gate stations; approximately 1.3 million natural gas lateral services; a 3.6 billion-cubic-foot natural gas storage field located in Michigan; and a 36.5 billion-cubic-foot underground natural gas storage reservoir and a liquefied natural gas plant at Manlove Field located in central Illinois.
Duke Energy Corp. and Integrys Energy Group Inc. are collaborating with Smart Energy Capital, to finance and build smaller solar projects throughout the United States. Duke Energy Generation Services and Integrys Energy Services Inc. would focus on jointly owning rooftop and smaller, ground-mounted photovoltaic solar projects that deliver electricity to investment-grade commercial, government and utility customers under long-term power purchase agreements.
The company's customer base comprises paper and allied products; food and kindred products; chemicals and paint; and steel and foundries.
Integrys Energy Group, Inc. was founded in 1883.
1. INTEGRYS ENERGY GROUP, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. INTEGRYS ENERGY GROUP, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. INTEGRYS ENERGY GROUP, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. INTEGRYS ENERGY GROUP, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. INTEGRYS ENERGY GROUP, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Integrys Energy Group, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Integrys Energy Group, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Integrys Energy Group, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Integrys Energy Group, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Utilities Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Integrys Energy Group, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. INTEGRYS ENERGY GROUP, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. INTEGRYS ENERGY GROUP, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. INTEGRYS ENERGY GROUP, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. INTEGRYS ENERGY GROUP, INC. PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. INTEGRYS ENERGY GROUP, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
11. INTEGRYS ENERGY GROUP, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX 1: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Integrys Energy Group, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Integrys Energy Group, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Integrys Energy Group, Inc. Major Shareholders
Integrys Energy Group, Inc. History
Integrys Energy Group, Inc. Products
Revenues by Product
Revenues by Region
Integrys Energy Group, Inc. Offices and Representations
Integrys Energy Group, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Income Statement Including 4-years Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Integrys Energy Group, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Integrys Energy Group, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Integrys Energy Group, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Utilities Industry Statistics
Integrys Energy Group, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Integrys Energy Group, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
Enhanced SWOT Analysis2 Porter Five Forces Analysis2
LIST OF FIGURES
Integrys Energy Group, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Integrys Energy Group, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Integrys Energy Group, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Integrys Energy Group, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Integrys Energy Group, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Integrys Energy Group, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for public traded companies.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get up-to-date version for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a Project Plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as STEP, PESTLE, STEEP, STEEPLE, STEEPLED, etc.) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislations will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The extended Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions followed by sixth question added to the original concept:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Is there any complementary products, government decisions or public perception that can impact business?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to Imitate?
- Organized Properly?