- The report contains detailed information about Casella Waste Systems Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Casella Waste Systems Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Casella Waste Systems Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Casella Waste Systems Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Casella Waste Systems Inc. business.
About Casella Waste Systems Inc.
Casella Waste Systems, Inc., a solid waste services company, provides resource management expertise and services to residential, commercial, municipal, and industrial customers in the United States. Its services primarily include solid waste collection, transfer, disposal, and recycling.
The company operates vertically integrated solid waste operations in Vermont, New Hampshire, New York, Massachusetts, Maine; and materials processing facilities in Connecticut, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, North Carolina, Tennessee, Georgia, Florida, Michigan, and Wisconsin.
As of May 31, 2010, the company owned and/or operated 32 solid waste collection operations, 31 transfer stations, 35 recycling facilities, 8 landfills that are subject to the Subtitle D regulations that govern solid waste landfills (Subtitle D landfills), 1 landfill permitted to accept construction and demolition materials, and 1 waste-to-energy facility. It also holds a 10.6% interest in RecycleRewards, Inc. (RecycleRewards), a company that markets an incentive-based recycling service, and a 19.9% interest in Evergreen National Indemnity Company (Evergreen), a surety company that provides surety bonds to contractual performance for municipal solid waste collection contracts and landfill closure and post-closure obligations.
Solid Waste Operations
The companys solid waste operations comprise a range of non-hazardous solid waste services, including collections, transfer stations, material recycling facilities, and disposal facilities.
Collections: A majority of its commercial and industrial collection services are performed under one to three-year service agreements, with prices and fees determined by such factors as collection frequency, type of equipment and containers furnished, the type, volume, and weight of solid waste collected, distance to the disposal or processing facility, and cost of disposal or processing. The companys residential collection and disposal services are performed either on a subscription basis (with no underlying contract) with individuals, or through contracts with municipalities, homeowner associations, apartment building owners or mobile home park operators.
Transfer Stations: The companys transfer stations receive, compact, and transfer solid waste collected primarily by various collection operations, for transport to disposal facilities by larger vehicles.
Material Recycling Facilities: The companys material recycling facilities (MRFs) receive, sort, bale, and resell recyclable materials originating from the municipal solid waste stream, including newsprint, cardboard, office paper, containers and bottles. Through FCR Recycling, the company operates 18 MRFs in geographic areas not served by its collection divisions or disposal facilities and 3 in geographic areas served by its collection divisions.
Disposal Facilities: The company disposes of solid waste at its landfills and at its waste-to-energy facility.
NCES: The North Country Environmental Services (NCES) landfill in Bethlehem, New Hampshire serves the wastesheds of New Hampshire and certain Vermont, Maine and Massachusetts wastesheds. The facility is permitted to accept municipal solid waste and construction and demolition (C&D) material.
Waste USA: The Waste USA landfill in Coventry, Vermont serves the major wastesheds throughout Vermont. The landfill is permitted to accept residential and commercially generated municipal solid waste, including pre-approved sludges, soils, and C&D debris.
Clinton County: The Clinton County landfill is located in Schuyler Falls, New York and serves the principal wastesheds of Clinton, Essex, Warren, Washington, and Saratoga Counties in New York, and certain selected contiguous Vermont wastesheds. Permitted waste accepted includes residential and commercially generated municipal solid waste, construction and demolition debris and special waste, which is approved by regulatory agencies.
Juniper Ridge: The company owns a landfill located in West Old Town, Maine. The site is located on approximately 780 acres with 68 acres allocated for waste disposal. The site is permitted to take C&D debris, ash from municipal sol
1. CASELLA WASTE SYSTEMS INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. CASELLA WASTE SYSTEMS INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. CASELLA WASTE SYSTEMS INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. CASELLA WASTE SYSTEMS INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. CASELLA WASTE SYSTEMS INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Casella Waste Systems Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Casella Waste Systems Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Casella Waste Systems Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Casella Waste Systems Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Commercial Services and Supplies Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Casella Waste Systems Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. CASELLA WASTE SYSTEMS INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. CASELLA WASTE SYSTEMS INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. CASELLA WASTE SYSTEMS INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CASELLA WASTE SYSTEMS INC. PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. CASELLA WASTE SYSTEMS INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
11. CASELLA WASTE SYSTEMS INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX 1: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Casella Waste Systems Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Casella Waste Systems Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Casella Waste Systems Inc. Major Shareholders
Casella Waste Systems Inc. History
Casella Waste Systems Inc. Products
Revenues by Product
Revenues by Region
Casella Waste Systems Inc. Offices and Representations
Casella Waste Systems Inc. SWOT Analysis
Income Statement 2009-2012 Including 4-years Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Balance Sheet 2009-2012 Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Cash Flow 2009-2012 Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Casella Waste Systems Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Casella Waste Systems Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Casella Waste Systems Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Commercial Services and Supplies Industry Statistics
Casella Waste Systems Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Casella Waste Systems Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
Enhanced SWOT Analysis2 Porter Five Forces Analysis2
LIST OF FIGURES
Casella Waste Systems Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Casella Waste Systems Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Casella Waste Systems Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Casella Waste Systems Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Casella Waste Systems Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Casella Waste Systems Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for public traded companies.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get up-to-date version for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a Project Plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as STEP, PESTLE, STEEP, STEEPLE, STEEPLED, etc.) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations;
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislations will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The extended Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions followed by sixth question added to the original concept:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Is there any complementary products, government decisions or public perception that can impact business?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to Imitate?
- Organized Properly?