- The report contains detailed information about Asia Satellite Telecommunications Holdings Ltd. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Asia Satellite Telecommunications Holdings Ltd.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Asia Satellite Telecommunications Holdings Ltd. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Asia Satellite Telecommunications Holdings Ltd. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Asia Satellite Telecommunications Holdings Ltd. business.
About Asia Satellite Telecommunications Holdings Ltd.
Asia Satellite Telecommunications Holdings Limited, through its subsidiary, Asia Satellite Telecommunications Company Limited, provides satellite services to the broadcasting and telecommunications markets.
The company owns and operates three satellites, such as AsiaSat 3S, AsiaSat 4, and AsiaSat 5 located in prime geostationary positions over the Asian landmass that provide access to various sections of the world's population. The company serves approximately 100 public and private television and radio broadcasters worldwide, offering 300 television and radio channels offering a variety of telecommunications services, including public telephone networks, private VSAT networks, and broadband multimedia services.
Earth Stations: Tai Po and Stanley
The company has a wholly-owned 5,711 square metre Tai Po Earth Station in Hong Kong. The Stanley Station has seven full performance antennas: one 5 metre antenna, three 6 metre antennas, one 9 metre antenna, and two 11 metre antennas.
Non-domestic television licence
The company holds two non-domestic television programme service licences issued by the Hong Kong Broadcasting Authority, one of which is that of its 80% owned subsidiary Skywave TV Company Limited (Skywave). The company uses the second licence to operate its MCPC platform from the Tai Po Earth Station offering value-added services to broadcast customers by providing them with an existing MCPC platform.
Fixed carrier licence
The company has a fixed carrier licence. This licence permits to provide television broadcast and telecommunications uplink services to its satellites; and to provide backup services for customer, STAR, in the event of an emergency at its facilities.
The companys wholly-owned subsidiary, SpeedCast, has hubs in Hong Kong, Malaysia, and Indonesia enabling the company to offer services to regional markets. The company's main business is the provision of two-way backbone broadband access services.
Skywave, an 80% owned subsidiary of the company, provides a variety of 34 television channels to authorized subscribers in the AsiaSat 4 BSS coverage area and operates under a Hong Kong Non-domestic Television Programme Service licence.
Auspicious Colour Limited is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the company and holds a non-domestic television programme service licence. Auspicious Colour provides a one-stop service that combines the provision of satellite capacity and uplink service to broadcasters.
Asia Satellite Telecommunications Holdings Limited was founded in 1988.
1. ASIA SATELLITE TELECOMMUNICATIONS HOLDINGS LTD. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. ASIA SATELLITE TELECOMMUNICATIONS HOLDINGS LTD. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. ASIA SATELLITE TELECOMMUNICATIONS HOLDINGS LTD. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. ASIA SATELLITE TELECOMMUNICATIONS HOLDINGS LTD. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. ASIA SATELLITE TELECOMMUNICATIONS HOLDINGS LTD. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Asia Satellite Telecommunications Holdings Ltd. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Asia Satellite Telecommunications Holdings Ltd. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Asia Satellite Telecommunications Holdings Ltd. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Asia Satellite Telecommunications Holdings Ltd. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Communication Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Asia Satellite Telecommunications Holdings Ltd. Industry Position Analysis
6. ASIA SATELLITE TELECOMMUNICATIONS HOLDINGS LTD. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. ASIA SATELLITE TELECOMMUNICATIONS HOLDINGS LTD. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. ASIA SATELLITE TELECOMMUNICATIONS HOLDINGS LTD. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. ASIA SATELLITE TELECOMMUNICATIONS HOLDINGS LTD. PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. ASIA SATELLITE TELECOMMUNICATIONS HOLDINGS LTD. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
11. ASIA SATELLITE TELECOMMUNICATIONS HOLDINGS LTD. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX 1: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Asia Satellite Telecommunications Holdings Ltd. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Asia Satellite Telecommunications Holdings Ltd. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Asia Satellite Telecommunications Holdings Ltd. Major Shareholders
Asia Satellite Telecommunications Holdings Ltd. History
Asia Satellite Telecommunications Holdings Ltd. Products
Revenues by Product
Revenues by Region
Asia Satellite Telecommunications Holdings Ltd. Offices and Representations
Asia Satellite Telecommunications Holdings Ltd. SWOT Analysis
Income Statement 2010-2013 Including 4-years Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Balance Sheet 2010-2013 Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Cash Flow 2010-2013 Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Asia Satellite Telecommunications Holdings Ltd. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Asia Satellite Telecommunications Holdings Ltd. Capital Market Snapshot
Asia Satellite Telecommunications Holdings Ltd. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Communication Services Industry Statistics
Asia Satellite Telecommunications Holdings Ltd. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Asia Satellite Telecommunications Holdings Ltd. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
Enhanced SWOT Analysis2 Porter Five Forces Analysis2
LIST OF FIGURES
Asia Satellite Telecommunications Holdings Ltd. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Asia Satellite Telecommunications Holdings Ltd. 1-year Stock Charts
Asia Satellite Telecommunications Holdings Ltd. 5-year Stock Charts
Asia Satellite Telecommunications Holdings Ltd. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Asia Satellite Telecommunications Holdings Ltd. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Asia Satellite Telecommunications Holdings Ltd. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for public traded companies.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get up-to-date version for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a Project Plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as STEP, PESTLE, STEEP, STEEPLE, STEEPLED, etc.) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislations will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The extended Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions followed by sixth question added to the original concept:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Is there any complementary products, government decisions or public perception that can impact business?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to Imitate?
- Organized Properly?